Can u demote urself?

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by margaritaville, May 10, 2014.

1. margaritaville

margaritaville Active Member

Say u been at the same hub forever and become a driver. Than u decide your gonna bitch out and become an air driver or combo job or even worst of all, just a hub employee. I assume you cant go backwards even though u stayed at same hub all ur life?

2. Jas85374

Jas85374 Member

You'll get knocked back down to hub pay I believe, pay grade at your seniority level.

Sent using BrownCafe App

3. tadpole

tadpole Member

It's possible but unlikely. The company isn't creating a lot of combo jobs anymore, so you would probably have to have a ton of seniority to win a combo bid, if one ever did pop up.

I've heard you can go back to the hub, but only due to family or medical reasons. Not sure about this.

4. Nimnim

Nimnim The Nim

If you haven't made book you can get yourself DQ'd, else your choice is to bid into a 22.3 if it shows up. More than that it'll either be a medical reason, or you're risking getting fired.

5. Richard Harrow

Richard Harrow Deplorable.

OP forgot to add "...asking for a friend" to his post.

Internet noobz.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  6. bleedinbrown58

bleedinbrown58 ahhh....the mouth breathers

It depends on your local. Some locals you can bid on an article 22 job (with a pay cut) or bid on a preferred FT inside job (but you may have to get your 30 days in to qualify for preload).

Last edited: May 11, 2014
  7. PT Car Washer

PT Car Washer Well-Known Member

Once you go FT the only way to go back to PT would be to quit and be rehired.

8. bleedinbrown58

Back to PT, yes. But if your building has a FT preload, that may not necessarily be the case.

9. PT Car Washer

All true. I assumed we were talking about going back to PT. Many times I have heard drivers talk about going back to PT after putting in 25 or 30 years FT. Almost the same hourly rate and full benefits. Nice retirement job.

10. bleedinbrown58

Best retirement job in my local is a FT porter...

11. PT Car Washer

O boy, yeah. Hard to believe the best Union job at UPS is to be a janitor and clean toilets for a career.

12. bleedinbrown58

A porter job just opened up in my building....some drivers would unclog a public toilet barehanded to win that bid...lol

13. PT Car Washer

We will have an opening about every 10 years or so when one of the old porter dies.

14. bleedinbrown58

One of ours just retired after 40+ yrs...

15. Yeah, if you're a giant pusscake.

Sent while driving from my flip phone via T9 word.

16. Wally

Wally Hailing from Parts Unknown.

Better get a permit to fill in wetlands. Good luck with that...

17. greengrenades

greengrenades To be the man, you gotta beat the man.

You can go combo or feeders, I believe those are your only options. I don't believe you can go back to a PT hub employee.

18. UPSjedi41

UPSjedi41 Member

But is it possible to be a full time driver and bid into a part time air driving job?

19. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

No.

20. Chemo

Chemo Member

Saw an old pkg friend yesterday. He told me he has a combo job now. He works preload and then delivers 2 office bldgs. I have no idea what his pay rate is.

Sent using BrownCafe App