Can you get in trouble for cussing at/insulting a sup?

laffter

I've been confused about some things I've read here lately. Such as people getting in trouble or fired for words that come out of their mouths.

I never took UPS to require any level of professionalism. We have a couple full time sups that I have overheard on several occasions where every other word out of their mouths was cursing.

As for a specific question, can you get in trouble for, say, telling a sup to friend off?

If so, where in the contract does this information reside?

It depends. If you curse about something then usually no. If you curse at someone then possibly. It's a grey area especially when the people judging you curse themselves.

Simple rule: Watch your ****ing mouth!

UPSGUY72

As long as your not threatening them or insulting them your good to go... Pick your words wisely and there won't be any problems..

I went off on my SUP this morning about the BS stops per car number that blows out cars and in the morning and then they throw the rest of the crap on whatever car it fits on. I told him that nobody has enough balls to do something about it and it friend-ing BS. About 11:30 I got a message for a meet point with an Air drive. HE took 15 stops of the 201 I got sent out with. Then later in the day I get a call from mu SUP he says your where a little fired up this morning you calm down yet...

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
My center manager complained that we don't have the volume to run more routes. I said we have no volume because of your stupid decisions. I ended up in the office for a moment. All is good.

Don't yell unless you want to be yelled at.
Dont swear unless you don't mind if you are sworn at.
Dont insult unless you are willing to be insulted.

I don't respect a guy who doesn't swear and I respect a manager who has a potty mouth. I've got one I am a truck driver and the managers who did there time and were truck drivers are going to swear. I respect it and I'll take it and give it back.

UPSGUY72

I don't respect a guy who doesn't swear and I respect a manager who has a potty mouth. I've got one I am a truck driver and the managers who did there time and were truck drivers are going to swear. I respect it and I'll take it and give it back.

The SUP / Dispatch manger that hired me first words to me where this is a small building is your offended easily this probably isn't a good place for you to work...

Catatonic

Nine Lives

**** you and the truck you rode in on.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Why care enough to swear. sounds lie a new acronim to me. wcets. 45 bucks an hour, their decision, Plan nothing and reap.

YesYouDidPushAButton

My center manager complained that we don't have the volume to run more routes. I said we have no volume because of your stupid decisions. I ended up in the office for a moment. All is good.

I did this on several occasions over the last few years. I've gotten a warning letter for "insubordination" each time.... I'm not shy over the board either and yes I know that leaves a record :/

One of my sups went to seminary school before working at UPS. Last peak I bumped into him on a particularly friend-ed up day and in our discussion he launched into a 5 min rant full of friend-bombs. After he got it off his chest he realized what he had done and apologized. I told him appology not accepted and that I was proud of him for being honest for a moment instead of dishing out another scoop of PC.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I don't respect anyone whose every other word is a curse word.

I don't respect a manager who has a potty mouth.

If you don't have the ability to complete a simple sentence without cursing I have little respect for you.

I am former military and some of the rants I have heard while at UPS would make a soldier blush.

To the OP---yes, you can get in trouble for cursing at a sup.