Cell Phones

UPSER110

not much cell phone use from anyone on the PM shift just the occasional text...There are several cigarette butts in the feeder I load at night from the preload!?

Cementups

Box Monkey
In our building only management and drivers are allowed to have wireless devices on them. All others must leave they wireless device in their car.

Scratchy

What is UPS policy about cell phones in the building. I have seen unloaders, preloaders, reloaders, clerks, (you get it) talking on their phones while being paid by ups to unload or load pkgs. Supervisor doesn't even say anything. I mean " get close" "position feet" "tuck your phone under your ear" wait no I mean hold phone in hand but "grasp opposite ends and check for shifting contents" with your third hand.. no... I mean ..... I don't know what I mean... just sign off on this mis-load. Here is a biscuit ..we are cool right.

If he hasn't yet your building manager might enact a prohibitive cell phone policy because your supervisor may not effectively convey the message. There might be handouts outlining the risks associated with cell phone use in the hub. And then brownies on the local sort will commence with the texting/chatting as if nothing happened.

Scratchy

Cell phone use IMO should be prohibited as long as there are pieces moving on the belt. Little messages can wait unless it's an emergency of course.