Change to payroll deduction stock plan

O

ok2bclever

"Ok is there anyone out your way that has a positive outlook on UPS."

tie, yup.

ME.

Course, you were probably talking about management.
They pretty much tote the company line of doom and despair if the hourly doesn't sacrifice their first born, etc.
biggrin.gif

I agree with you, I see us doing ok against fred, but we have to stop this service bleeding that is going on where the primary objective seems to be numbers rather than service.

For a while now it has been much more important to make sure our missed are trackable than to eliminate the missed.

The PAS nightmares I read about on this board seem to accent that philosophy as well.

That will lose us business to competition, not because competition is better, but because we are worse than the competition.

That is why I have always said if we take care of business the competition is just a thorn in our side rather than a stake in our heart.

W

wornoutupser

The "Evil Company" HAS struck again.

Someone allowed Mellon to NOT buy the stock for the last quarter before the Oct. 1 deadline. I just checked my account again and the last quarter purchase is still not there. Today is Oct. 4.
This alone has tied up a bunch more money.
My question is this: WHY is UPS suddenly clamping down on the stock?
The only logical reason that I can deduct is to stop as much stock selling going into the contract period as they can.
If the employees began to sell off in large amounts prior to the immediate end of the contract, then logic dictates that the stock price would go down.
JMHO!

(Message edited by wornoutupser on October 04, 2005)

T

toonertoo

I just got a letter from my finance company. My house is mortgaged at 1 mil +++. And my new payment is 8 grand, interest only........and it is 2 months late.
Seems they added a 1 accidently somehow.
I told them if they couldnt figure out what happened, just send me the other million, and I will take care of it.
In the meantime, I wont be making my house payment of eight thousand dollars.....
They dont know what went wrong, my loan was sold and they dont have all the info yet
stars.gif

BTW, it is 700 sq feet, cottage on a lake, with no utilities til I moved in in 2000. Guess property value is reaaaallyy goin up!!!

(Message edited by toonertoo on October 04, 2005)

D

ddomino

WORNOUT... the contract goes till July 31, 2008. I think the co did not want it in 2007 because that will be 100 years since the great Jim Casey found the company. It would not look good for Eskew to be standing on the floor of the NYSE to ring the opening bell while 200,000++ of UPS employee's are walking the picket line.