Changing Shifts

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by weirdlindy, Jan 18, 2010.

1. weirdlindy

weirdlindy New Member

I need to change shifts from twilight to sunrise by submitting a letter to Human Resources. I might have to give notice if I can't change shifts soon. Any specific reason I should give to get priority status?

2. Monkey Butt

Monkey Butt You can call me Chappy Staff Member

You're a little weird?

Welcome to Brown Cafe, Lindy.

It is harder to hire people for the Sunrise sort than it is for the Twilight sort.
    Let them know you will have to quit if you can't transfer.

3. 1000RR

1000RR Member

Not sure how your local is but here there has to be an OPEN spot on a shift to transfer. And even if there is an open spot, you must put it in writing that you intend to change shifts. It goes by seniority, and I think you must remain on that shift for at least 6 months. The only other way would be if you were laid off from your current shift and bumped a less senior part timer off another shift.

4. JonFrum

JonFrum Member

Weirdlindy, if you're a part-timer covered by the National Master, then switching shifts goes by seniority.
    Moreluck, is that Fox news anchor Martha MacCallum?

5. SoyFish

SoyFish Member

Well when I switched from the Night to Twi it was because I was laid off & the Twi needed people to work, so I lucked out.

6. Kraetos

Kraetos Preload, Loader

LoL the women on Fox News are so hot, check out Julie Banderas, and Megan Kelley, I know I didn't spell those names right.

7. moreluck

moreluck golden ticket member

Megan Kelly is getting her own 2 hr. show called Megan's Court.....on FoxNews