Chaos

It will be fine

Hire that general contractor to install new kitchen cabinets and you give him too much grief he'll simply refund your money and walk out because he would almost certainly have plenty of other customers.

In light of the fact that you also being a contractor and FDX is your ONE and ONLY customer there is no limit how demanding they can be because they know that they are your one and only customer and you only have little non CDL vehicles with limited alternative uses to which you could me your operation in it's entirety, this in turn leaves you powerless and totally beholding to FDX because face it.... you don't have anywhere else to go .

My arguments are no more stupid that your efforts to try to make us believe that your level of autonomy, discretion and freedom is on par with what a true independent has going for him.....Because you don't have anything close to it.
I make quite a bit of money for the amount of work I do. I only even go to the terminal once every other week or so. If you think that’s oppressive control over my life, I can’t help you.

bacha29

I make quite a bit of money for the amount of work I do. I only even go to the terminal once every other week or so. If you think that’s oppressive control over my life, I can’t help you.
Doesn't change the fact that while you may be home you're still just one phone call away from financial ruin. We know it, you know it and most importantly FDX knows it and will continue to exploit their overwhelming economic advantage over you to the fullest possible extent.

It will be fine

Doesn't change the fact that while you may be home you're still just one phone call away from financial ruin. We know it, you know it and most importantly FDX knows it and will continue to exploit their overwhelming economic advantage over you to the fullest possible extent.
That’s not even close to true.

It will be fine

I hope not. I’m not so sure bout the company as a whole anymore.
They certainly seem lost as a whole. I’ve been offered a few “free” contracts recently and have been turning them down. Ten years ago I wouldn’t have hesitated to take more territory, especially for free. Right now it seems insane to take on even just the equipment debt for what the contracts are paying.

It will be fine

OK, so answer this question.....Can you identify for me the governing legal authority with the power to make even one single word of that totally one sided contract binding upon FDX?
I don’t even know what you’re talking about. It’s a contract, FDX is bound by the terms in it. A reasonable question would be what recourse does a contractor have if they violate it in a way that harms the contractor. Their are hardly any expectations for FDX in the contract. It’s purpose is to outline the service expectations of the contractor, not to govern the behavior of FDX. One would be hard pressed to find enough damages attributable to FDX to sue for that would outweigh a continuing relationship with FDX.

Your complete lack of understanding of the entire business model is probably why you run off on these stupid little arguments.

bacha29

I don’t even know what you’re talking about. It’s a contract, FDX is bound by the terms in it. A reasonable question would be what recourse does a contractor have if they violate it in a way that harms the contractor. Their are hardly any expectations for FDX in the contract. It’s purpose is to outline the service expectations of the contractor, not to govern the behavior of FDX. One would be hard pressed to find enough damages attributable to FDX to sue for that would outweigh a continuing relationship with FDX.

Your complete lack of understanding of the entire business model is probably why you run off on these stupid little arguments.
And who binds FDX to the contract? Who governs the behavior of FDX? The answer is....and you know it.....nobody. Trying to tell us that FDX polices it's own contract? What do think Spencer Patton was fighting about?
Until there is a governing legal force that compels FDX to abide by it's own contract language and no more shoving new addendums in contractors faces mid contract then not a single word in that so called contract and it's not even an actual contract because it's all one way is legally binding upon FDX.

One sentence in your comments reaffirms what I and many others including Spence Patton have been saying regarding contractor recourse and access to due process.....There simply is no access and that's what is so rotten about the deal.

It will be fine

And who binds FDX to the contract? Who governs the behavior of FDX? The answer is....and you know it.....nobody. Trying to tell us that FDX polices it's own contract? What do think Spencer Patton was fighting about?
Until there is a governing legal force that compels FDX to abide by it's own contract language and no more shoving new addendums in contractors faces mid contract then not a single word in that so called contract and it's not even an actual contract because it's all one way is legally binding upon FDX.

One sentence in your comments reaffirms what I and many others including Spence Patton have been saying regarding contractor recourse and access to due process.....There simply is no access and that's what is so rotten about the deal.
Your lack of understanding is incredible. It amazes me you’ve managed to stay alive this long.

Hax

They certainly seem lost as a whole. I’ve been offered a few “free” contracts recently and have been turning them down. Ten years ago I wouldn’t have hesitated to take more territory, especially for free. Right now it seems insane to take on even just the equipment debt for what the contracts are paying.
Not trying to troll, but why don't you sell everything and get into something else less risky? The future of this company for contractors and employees is pretty bleak.

bacha29

Your lack of understanding is incredible. It amazes me you’ve managed to stay alive this long.
Your comments reaffirms what I've been saying. There is simply no overriding form of legal compliance in place that can force FDX to abide by the terms of it's own contract. As a result it is not a contract but rather as set of dictates and mandates that can be changed at any time for any reason even no reason at all to which the contractor has zero legal basis upon which he can launch an effective objection or counter measure..

bacha29

Can't we all just agree that fedex sucks and soon will be out of business?
It won't go out of business as long as they can continue to entice enough people to put oceans of capital at risk much of it borrowed in exchange for a so called "contract" that from the contractor's perspective not worth the paper it's written on.

It will be fine

Not trying to troll, but why don't you sell everything and get into something else less risky? The future of this company for contractors and employees is pretty bleak.
I still make money and I’ve built my company up enough to where I have to do very little work. My work life balance is excellent. The margins are slim right now so I’d be selling at what I expect is a low point. The current cost cutting mode will end eventually and they’ll have to get back to providing quality service. That will take money. After they integrate all the Express volume onto my trucks will be when I start to seriously look at selling, I figure that’s a good 5 years out.

MAKAVELI

Word is out on FedEx is a dumpster fire. He won't be able to sell without taking a huge loss. He's better off banking as much profit as he can until he can't.

SFFX

I still make money and I’ve built my company up enough to where I have to do very little work. My work life balance is excellent. The margins are slim right now so I’d be selling at what I expect is a low point. The current cost cutting mode will end eventually and they’ll have to get back to providing quality service. That will take money. After they integrate all the Express volume onto my trucks will be when I start to seriously look at selling, I figure that’s a good 5 years out.
LOL

yadig

I’d say 2 years out