Seasonal or Permanent Part-Time Worker

oopsertx

Hey everyone, I just started as a blue vest this season.

I applied online and was told it was a permanent part-time position. However, I’ve been discussing with others in the warehouse and they say I’m seasonal and not a permanent worker as a blue vest (even supervisors have told me this). They said I may receive a call back to work for them permanently in the future. I just find this hard to believe as the position I applied to said permanent, part-time worker. Is this true or are they just trying to make me believe I’m a seasonal worker?

I’m just thinking it might be a facade to get us to work harder and not miss, although I already work hard and would work hard even if I didn’t have to fight for my position. They’ve also told me I’m one of the bring backs but I think it’s because I truly did apply for the part time but this is just to keep up with a blue vest facade. I’ve never had this many questions or trust issues in employment with a company.

I just want to know so I can make the right choice regarding my health insurance at my full-time job. I’m thinking of opting out in hopes of landing a spot here at UPS part-time, if I really am just seasonal. Any insight helps, thank you.

Hey everyone, I just started as a blue vest this season.

I applied online and was told it was a permanent part-time position. However, I’ve been discussing with others in the warehouse and they say I’m seasonal and not a permanent worker as a blue vest (even supervisors have told me this). They said I may receive a call back to work for them permanently in the future. I just find this hard to believe as the position I applied to said permanent, part-time worker. Is this true or are they just trying to make me believe I’m a seasonal worker?

I’m just thinking it might be a facade to get us to work harder and not miss, although I already work hard and would work hard even if I didn’t have to fight for my position. They’ve also told me I’m one of the bring backs but I think it’s because I truly did apply for the part time but this is just to keep up with a blue vest facade. I’ve never had this many questions or trust issues in employment with a company.

I just want to know so I can make the right choice regarding my health insurance at my full-time job. I’m thinking of opting out in hopes of landing a spot here at UPS part-time, if I really am just seasonal. Any insight helps, thank you.
Even if you get on part-time you still have to wait 9 months for insurance

I wouldn't hold your breath right now

oopsertx

Even if you get on part-time you still have to wait 9 months for insurance

I wouldn't hold your breath right now
Thank you, I’ll be sure to get health insurance at my full-time then. How about the situation I’m in? Are they lying about my status as a permanent part-time worker or am I really a seasonal worker?

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
I earn a decent amount at my full-time and would have to pay $100 a month in health-insurance. It’s really no issue, just trying to save $100.
Stay at ur other job, ups will most likly put you on-call and just go with that

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
Yeah we’ll see. $21 the hour ain’t enough for me but the insurance really is. I’ll stick it out for a year if they keep me, if not I really don’t mind.
Even if they only work you a couple days a week, it might be good to do it until u get the insurance if that's ur goal