Chattanooga, TN Marine Shooter

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Key word there is "knowingly", hard to prove.

....you say the gang members are exploiting this "loophole". If you're a gang member, you're not going to pass a background check, and as such you cannot legally be sold a weapon, even in the private arena.

Also, it's not like court where you would need to prove the charges. If it doesn't feel right, then don't sell Dante and Tyrell your used glock.

It really is that simple

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
The law does stipulate that a seller may not knowingly sell a weapon to someone who legally can't own one, and if they do, it's on the seller.

You are missing the POINT.. IN the Gun Show Loophole, a private seller at the gun show DOES NOT HAVE TO CHECK AN ID, OR PERFORM A BACKGROUND CHECK before selling the gun, ammo and clips to a buyer who MAY or MAY not be a felon.

The private seller DOES NOT have to make any determinations about the gun buyers ELIGIBILITY first.

Cash talks and bullcrap walks.

Private sellers sell guns to WHOEVER walks in with CASH, and the buyer walks right out with GUNS and AMMO.

The Licensed Dealer cannot do the same at the same gun show. They have to check ID's, they have to run background checks and they have to register the sales.

In TEXAS, New Mexico and Arizona, there is NO SUCH LAW that requires private sellers to avoid selling to people who cannot legally own them.

If there were, there wouldnt be ENDLESS bills forwarded to change the rules for gun shows.

TOS.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
....you say the gang members are exploiting this "loophole". If you're a gang member, you're not going to pass a background check, and as such you cannot legally be sold a weapon, even in the private arena.

Also, it's not like court where you would need to prove the charges. If it doesn't feel right, then don't sell Dante and Tyrell your used glock.

It really is that simple

Again, you dont get it.

STRAW BUYERS, or legal gun buyers go into these gun shows and buy the guns and ammo for cash, turn around and walk out and resell the weapons to gang members or cartel members in the parking lot of the gun show without interuption.

Only an idiot would think a gang member would walk into a gun show. THEY pay people to do that.

The paperless trail

Tracing an illegal gun is hard, because once it is sold on the private market in what’s called a straw purchase, the gun often no longer has a paper trail.

“[The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives] is only generally able to trace that firearm back to the first retail purchase,” said John Biemeret, a supervisor at the ATF’s new federal Gun Intelligence Center in Chicago. “Further transactions that take place, oftentimes, there is no record of it.”

But busts can help expose a gun's travels. David “Big Dave” Lewisbey was a college student out to score cash. Indiana has no restrictions on state residents buying weapons from private dealers – as long as they don't do it to earn a living., But from 2008 to 2012, Lewisbey scoured the state for gun shows, flashed an Indiana ID, filled duffel bags with dozens of guns and resold them on the streets of Chicago, where they made their way to the city's most violent street gangs. In March, a federal judge sentenced him to almost 17 years in prison.

http://america.aljazeera.com/watch/...22/why-does-chicagohavesomanyillegalguns.html

Superballs, I am not sure if your ignorance is really this extreme, or you just dont like to research anything before you speak. Guns are getting into the hands of the wrong people all over this country, and people like you insure that more people will be victims of gun violence in the years to come.

TOS.

Overpaid Union Thug

WOW, Felons, and whoever the laws says cannot own guns are who I am talking about. They don't buy guns through licensed dealers because they can't. What ways do you think they get them? Through no check private sale, those are the ones I am talking about.

You put a little blurb about elderly and guns at end of post and you think response was towards that, not true, I already explained it went to the first part of the post.
And I already said that just because you assume someone will circumvent the system doesn't mean everyone will. If you have a problem with it then take it up with the ATF. And why don't you liberals take the same attitude towards our southern border?

Overpaid Union Thug

You are missing the POINT.. IN the Gun Show Loophole, a private seller at the gun show DOES NOT HAVE TO CHECK AN ID, OR PERFORM A BACKGROUND CHECK before selling the gun, ammo and clips to a buyer who MAY or MAY not be a felon.

The private seller DOES NOT have to make any determinations about the gun buyers ELIGIBILITY first.

Cash talks and bullcrap walks.

Private sellers sell guns to WHOEVER walks in with CASH, and the buyer walks right out with GUNS and AMMO.

The Licensed Dealer cannot do the same at the same gun show. They have to check ID's, they have to run background checks and they have to register the sales.

In TEXAS, New Mexico and Arizona, there is NO SUCH LAW that requires private sellers to avoid selling to people who cannot legally own them.

If there were, there wouldnt be ENDLESS bills forwarded to change the rules for gun shows.

TOS.
You still haven't shown even a hint of a loop hole at gun shows. It's those skull and brain injuries from when your parents used to punt you into the bedroom wall that's acting up again. Just admit none of this is about loop holes and that it's just another attempt to disarm ALL Americans.

upschuck

It really is that simple
I stop reading after the first fragment of the sentence because I never said that.

upschuck

And I already said that just because you assume someone will circumvent the system doesn't mean everyone will. If you have a problem with it then take it up with the ATF. And why don't you liberals take the same attitude towards our southern border?
All it takes is one.

That's funny, I've never been called a liberal before.

upschuck

You still haven't shown even a hint of a loop hole at gun shows. It's those skull and brain injuries from when your parents used to punt you into the bedroom wall that's acting up again. Just admit none of this is about loop holes and that it's just another attempt to disarm ALL Americans.
I just want to disarm those who are not suppose to have them. Everyone else, knock yourself out.

upschuck

That's not a bad thing to want but your approach makes it harder for those that can have them. In this day and age we need more good people armed.
I disagree, waiting a short period of time would not deter a legitimate purchaser of a firearm. I think it is worth it if it keeps firearms out of the hands of felons.