Chattanooga, TN Marine Shooter

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Do I have to type in slow wide spread typeface for you to understand.???

You can type as slow as you'd like, it will not change the fact that WHAT you type is (usually) complete crap. What I'm about to type is simple to comprehend, but if you need, when I get home I'll write it in crayon for you.

When you buy a car from a private dealer, you have to fill out all kinds of paperwork, and MUST have insurance before they even finish writing up the sale.

When you buy a car from Jamal with 22" gaudy ass wheels, all you need is to give him the money he's asking, and you're done. He couldn't care less if you have insurance or not.

It doesn't make your deal with Jamal a LOOPHOLE, LOOPHOLE!!!! All it is is the dofference between a PRIVATE seller and a DEALER (who has all kinds of government regulations).

Can't wait for your slowly spelled out wrong as hell response...I'm on pins and needles

Overpaid Union Thug

DId you READ the link I provided you on GUN SHOW LOOPHOLES?

With a licensed dealer, he HAS to run a background check and photo copy a drivers license. An unlicensed gun seller at the same show, doesnt have to check an ID or run a background check.

The majority of ILLEGAL gun owners get their guns from these sellers.

STRAW buyers are buying all kinds of weapons this way and selling them all over the country. Some are selling them directly to mexican cartels for top dollars.

THATS A GIANT LOOPHOLE BUDDY...

Private sellers SHOULD NOT be allowed at GUN SHOWS.

TOS.

You have still failed to show a loophole. Get this next part through your thick skull.....

The only way there would be a loophole would be if individuals selling guns to individuals (private sale) was illegal. But it's not so.............It is 100% legal for anyone that's not banned (per the GCA) to buy a gun from another individual. Walking into a guns show and doing that very thing doesn't constitute a loophole. And the fact that people are turning around and illegally SELLING (not buying through a loophole) to individuals or groups that they aren't legally allowed to sell to doesn't constitute a loophole either. That's what your gun phobia induced confused brain is failing to understand. You can't deny someone their LEGAL right to buy a gun from the individual because they MIGHT illegally sell it to someone banned per the GCA later. Your brain is concocting this whole ordeal based on the false notion that stopping individuals from buying guns from others at a gun show (which is a legal business transaction in OR outside of a gun show) will stop the sale of guns to those that shouldn't have them and those that can but might use them illegally. But it won't.

No matter how much you convince yourself that because you are scared that someone will illegally sell a gun to someone else there will still not be a gun show loophole because there isn't one. It's not rocket science. But because it's easy to understand by logical thinking people I imagine it will always be way over your head.

upschuck

You have still failed to show a loophole. Get this next part through your thick skull.....

The only way there would be a loophole would be if individuals selling guns to individuals (private sale) was illegal. But it's not so.............It is 100% legal for anyone that's not banned (per the GCA) to buy a gun from another individual. Walking into a guns show and doing that very thing doesn't constitute a loophole. And the fact that people are turning around and illegally SELLING (not buying through a loophole) to individuals or groups that they aren't legally allowed to sell to doesn't constitute a loophole either. That's what your gun phobia induced confused brain is failing to understand. You can't deny someone their LEGAL right to buy a gun from the individual because they MIGHT illegally sell it to someone banned per the GCA later. Your brain is concocting this whole ordeal based on the false notion that stopping individuals from buying guns from others at a gun show (which is a legal business transaction in OR outside of a gun show) will stop the sale of guns to those that shouldn't have them and those that can but might use them illegally. But it won't.

No matter how much you convince yourself that because you are scared that someone will illegally sell a gun to someone else there will still not be a gun show loophole because there isn't one. It's not rocket science. But because it's easy to understand by logical thinking people I imagine it will always be way over your head.
If there is no check, how can you be certain that they are selling to citizens that are legally allowed to own a gun. Then why not do the simple check?

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
If there is no check, how can you be certain that they are selling to citizens that are legally allowed to own a gun. Then why not do the simple check?

You can't. However, the location of the transaction, doesn't mean the process would be different. If I buy a gun from Joe and am a severely unstable bastard who just got fired, Joe isn't going to know. Guess what, a background check can never show what's in a persons mind, so that point is moot

Overpaid Union Thug

Because the BATF says it isn't required. Whether or not someone else has the opinion that a check SHOULD be done for every transaction is not a factor. The most important thing to know and remember is that the people claiming that there is a gun show loophole think that the guns ending up in bad people's hands is going to stop by restricting the sales of individuals. It won't.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll

Look genius,

If there wasnt a gun show loophole, why then are legislators creating bills to close them?? Why so many bills to close gun show loopholes and only republicans vote to deny the bills from passing??

How are you OK with people being able to buy a gun at a gun show without an ID or background check, along with unlimited ammo and the largest clips they can buy, and simply walk out and resell that gun and crap to the highest bidder AGAIN without an ID and background check or registration of that very gun??

THATS A LOOPHOLE no matter how you try to say it isnt.

Legislators wouldnt be writing these bills and states wouldnt be changing gun show laws if this wasnt a reality.

It only doesnt exist in YOUR MIND cause you dont want it to be law. You probably cant qualify legally to own a weapon, so people like YOU most likely need the loophole to fullfill your shooting fantasies.

Legislation
""Federal "Gun Show Loophole" bills were introduced in seven consecutive Congresses in 2001 (H.R. 2377,S. 890), 2004 (H.R. 3832,S. 1807), 2005 (H.R. 3540), 2007 (H.R. 96), 2009 (H.R. 2324, S. 843), 2011 (H.R. 591,S. 35), and 2013 (H.R. 141). Specifically, seven gun show loophole bills were introduced in the U.S. House and four in the Senate between 2001 and 2013. None passed.

As of August 2013, 17 U.S. states and Washington, D.C., require background checks at gun shows.[66][67] Seven states require background checks on all gun sales at gun shows: California, Colorado, Connecticut, Illinois, New York, Oregon, and Rhode Island. Four require background checks on all handgun purchases at gun shows: Hawaii, Maryland, New Jersey, and Pennsylvania. Six require individuals to obtain a permit that involves a background check to purchase handguns: Iowa, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Nebraska, and North Carolina. The remaining 33 states do not restrict private sales of firearms at gun shows. ""

You have the typical right wing gun fanatic mentality and wish to ignore the real reason illegal guns sales continue in this country. Yet, states are taking action to close these loopholes that presently allow them to exist.

http://www.governing.com/news/state/gov-state-gun-show-loophole-laws-policies.html

TOS.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
You can type as slow as you'd like, it will not change the fact that WHAT you type is (usually) complete crap. What I'm about to type is simple to comprehend, but if you need, when I get home I'll write it in crayon for you.

When you buy a car from a private dealer, you have to fill out all kinds of paperwork, and MUST have insurance before they even finish writing up the sale.

When you buy a car from Jamal with 22" gaudy ass wheels, all you need is to give him the money he's asking, and you're done. He couldn't care less if you have insurance or not.

It doesn't make your deal with Jamal a LOOPHOLE, LOOPHOLE!!!! All it is is the dofference between a PRIVATE seller and a DEALER (who has all kinds of government regulations).

Can't wait for your slowly spelled out wrong as hell response...I'm on pins and needles

It's impossible for you to post without some sort racist, stereotypical comment. I know plenty of Black people who could buy and sell you 100 times over and still not feel it. You know, doctors, lawyers, and investors, not "Jamal".

Overpaid Union Thug

Look genius,

If there wasnt a gun show loophole, why then are legislators creating bills to close them?? Why so many bills to close gun show loopholes and only republicans vote to deny the bills from passing??

How are you OK with people being able to buy a gun at a gun show without an ID or background check, along with unlimited ammo and the largest clips they can buy, and simply walk out and resell that gun and crap to the highest bidder AGAIN without an ID and background check or registration of that very gun??

THATS A LOOPHOLE no matter how you try to say it isnt.

Legislators wouldnt be writing these bills and states wouldnt be changing gun show laws if this wasnt a reality.

It only doesnt exist in YOUR MIND cause you dont want it to be law. You probably cant qualify legally to own a weapon, so people like YOU most likely need the loophole to fullfill your shooting fantasies.

Legislation
""Federal "Gun Show Loophole" bills were introduced in seven consecutive Congresses in 2001 (H.R. 2377,S. 890), 2004 (H.R. 3832,S. 1807), 2005 (H.R. 3540), 2007 (H.R. 96), 2009 (H.R. 2324, S. 843), 2011 (H.R. 591,S. 35), and 2013 (H.R. 141). Specifically, seven gun show loophole bills were introduced in the U.S. House and four in the Senate between 2001 and 2013. None passed.

As of August 2013, 17 U.S. states and Washington, D.C., require background checks at gun shows.[66][67] Seven states require background checks on all gun sales at gun shows: California, Colorado, Connecticut, Illinois, New York, Oregon, and Rhode Island. Four require background checks on all handgun purchases at gun shows: Hawaii, Maryland, New Jersey, and Pennsylvania. Six require individuals to obtain a permit that involves a background check to purchase handguns: Iowa, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Nebraska, and North Carolina. The remaining 33 states do not restrict private sales of firearms at gun shows. ""

You have the typical right wing gun fanatic mentality and wish to ignore the real reason illegal guns sales continue in this country. Yet, states are taking action to close these loopholes that presently allow them to exist.

http://www.governing.com/news/state/gov-state-gun-show-loophole-laws-policies.html

TOS.
One again you failed to point out an actual gun how loophole. Look here..... The only way to stop individuals from selling guns to bad people is to ban individuals from buying guns anywhere. Not just by banning them from buying from individuals at gun shows. The gun show is irrelevant. Individuals don't need gun shows to buy guns without a background check!!! Get that through your thick, hate filled, crazy liberal skull. Use your brain for once instead of regurgitating anti gun propaganda.

upschuck

You can't. However, the location of the transaction, doesn't mean the process would be different. If I buy a gun from Joe and am a severely unstable bastard who just got fired, Joe isn't going to know. Guess what, a background check can never show what's in a persons mind, so that point is moot
At least we'd be doing what we can to keep the firearms out of the hands of people that shouldn't have them. I think every time one transfers hands, there should be a check, otherwise there is no reason to have any check, because the system has too many holes in it. The illegal firearms holder will go secondary(private sale) market, and get whatever he wants.

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
It's impossible for you to post without some sort racist, stereotypical comment. I know plenty of Black people who could buy and sell you 100 times over and still not feel it. You know, doctors, lawyers, and investors, not "Jamal".

They can't buy me, son.....slavery is illegal. Also, do you really think I care about your black friends? I couldn't care less.

Just make sure when they come over to your house you put out a nice kfc spread. Extra crispy preferred

Overpaid Union Thug

At least we'd be doing what we can to keep the firearms out of the hands of people that shouldn't have them. I think every time one transfers hands, there should be a check, otherwise there is no reason to have any check, because the system has too many holes in it. The illegal firearms holder will go secondary(private sale) market, and get whatever he wants.
And that's the problem right there.
Your opinion is noted but until the ATF decides differently it will remain only that. Either way there still isn't a gun show loophole. Despite what TOS can conjure up in his VERY confused mind.

upschuck

Your opinion is noted but until the ATF decides differently it will remain only that. Either way there still isn't a gun show loophole. Despite what TOS can conjure up in his VERY confused mind.

Semantics. Loopholes are legal ways to get around other laws, and no check private sales definately falls in that situation.