Check out this Gem from Jackie Presser Himself…

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
He did negotiate a 50 cent per hour increase.. in todays economy it would be equivalent to 1.84 .. plus that 1,000 bonus with the first.

Add that .16 cent COLA would probably bring it up to 2 bucks..

Think about that when the company cries poor.
Some things never change I guess

Sacrificial Lamb

Package Shepherd
Been Retired since 2020. Found this cleaning out my Farmhouse. My First Contract I voted on, an Extension View attachment 432999View attachment 433000View attachment 433002View attachment 433001
IMG_1889.jpeg
IMG_1890.jpeg

*cries in modern day $15.50 part time*

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
He did negotiate a 50 cent per hour increase.. in todays economy it would be equivalent to 1.84 .. plus that 1,000 bonus with the first.

Add that .16 cent COLA would probably bring it up to 2 bucks..

Think about that when the company cries poor.

View attachment 433026View attachment 433027
*cries in modern day $15.50 part time*

Someone with better math skills than I please convert these numbers to todays dollars

Back in 1983 the starting hourly rate was 8 dollars for unskilled and 9 bucks for skilled (sort pay, etc).

As stated above it would be equivalent to 24 an hour today.

The raises under that agreement would be equivalent to 1.84 annually. Added COLA would bring it up to 2.

The 1,000/ 500 signing bonuses are not included in those numbers.

To be honest the Company’s monetary contributions going into our pension and healthcare were considerably less back in the early 80’s.

Sacrificial Lamb

Package Shepherd
Back in 1983 the starting hourly rate was 8 dollars for unskilled and 9 bucks for skilled (sort pay, etc).

As stated above it would be equivalent to 24 an hour today.

The raises under that agreement would be equivalent to 1.84 annually. Added COLA would bring it up to 2.

The 1,000/ 500 signing bonuses are not included in those numbers.

To be honest the Company’s monetary contributions going into our pension and healthcare were considerably less back in the early 80’s.
Another thing to add is that the way inflation has been calculated have changed over the years and significantly with the current administration. So it may have been more. I just recently discovered this and it’s depressing. But this is still the land of opportunity and I will die on this hill.