Chelsea Clinton's wedding

wkmac

...and compared to one of our supervisors I am cheap---he spent $42K for his daughter's wedding. Foolish.

The ex and I keep trying to get her to scale things back and to put the money toward a house but she wants a traditional wedding.

Convince her that a true traditional wedding is only jumping over a broom handle and you've saved plenty of scratch!
:wink2:

My wife and I did similar to what Jones and Mrs. Jones did and then the money saved followed the advice that you and your ex suggested in getting a house. We still had the traditional wedding with all that goes with it and after the honeymoon moved into our very own house. From my POV I think the advice you and the ex are giving is spot on!

P

pickup

Just means it's a UK article. Gee, I could probably find the same one in Germany or Canada.

No big deal, if I ever get married, it will cost me $99 in Vegas ! That's it !

plus the 50 bucks in liquour to get a girl to agree!

bigbrownhen

I think our wedding ran about 500 bucks. Hubby and I were just teens. The church was being renovated, so we ended up getting married in front of the fireplace at my Dad's house. I got a great deal on a beautiful dress that was from the previous years season, $120, simple gold bands, and a few flower arrangments. The house was full of our family and friends. We are still just as married 22 yrs later.

Im with the others about saving on the actual wedding and put the rest towards a house.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Well, she put the (nonrefundable) deposit of $2,000 down yesterday (using Daddy's credit card), so I guess she will be getting her traditional wedding. What the hell, it's only money.:sick:

moreluck

golden ticket member
You've come a long way, baby!
PHO-10Jul02-235888.jpg

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
I think our wedding ran about 500 bucks. Hubby and I were just teens. The church was being renovated, so we ended up getting married in front of the fireplace at my Dad's house. I got a great deal on a beautiful dress that was from the previous years season, $120, simple gold bands, and a few flower arrangments. The house was full of our family and friends. We are still just as married 22 yrs later.

Im with the others about saving on the actual wedding and put the rest towards a house.
+1 for the savings and +infinity for that awesome marriage, bbh.

Well, she put the (nonrefundable) deposit of $2,000 down yesterday (using Daddy's credit card), so I guess she will be getting her traditional wedding. What the hell, it's only money.:sick:
Ouch, though you will love her just the same as if she did what you wanted her to do. You're a great Dad, Upstate!

You've come a long way, baby!
PHO-10Jul02-235888.jpg
And Chelsea ain't doing half bad, either.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Is that your new thing now ?
Going against parents ?

How thoughtful of you !

Klein, I think what he was referring to is the fact that both of her parents are in the public spotlight and, in general, children in her situation don't generally grow up as well-adjusted as she has.

klein

Für Meno :)
Klein, I think what he was referring to is the fact that both of her parents are in the public spotlight and, in general, children in her situation don't generally grow up as well-adjusted as she has.

The Royal Family seems to handle it.
But, each to their own.

But, I do get your point.
Look how stupid Bush W turned out to be !

Lue C Fur

Evil member

You could also say that the money saved went towards the best honeymoon vacation ever.:happy-very: