Chernobyl, Ohio

newolddude

you are not staying on topic by asking if i am staying on topic

railways are unsafe. railway companies have too much power. they consider the general population collateral.

Democrats tried to make railways safer a few years ago by trying to implement basic modernization. Republicans blocked those improvements because it decreased profits.

rickyb

Democrats tried to make railways safer a few years ago by trying to implement basic modernization. Republicans blocked those improvements because it decreased profits.
maybe youre right.

but democrats are terribly corrupt. so it wasnt going to be reasonable whatever they were proposing.

vantexan

the railways do voluntary reporting of some sort so we dont even know.

you can expand on this point.

obviously its too often because this is a major disaster
You're dodging. Trains don't derail and it goes unnoticed. Any time a train derails it's a serious issue that must be immediately addressed because the train at the very least is impeding other trains being able to pass.

oldngray

nowhere special
You're dodging. Trains don't derail and it goes unnoticed. Any time a train derails it's a serious issue that must be immediately addressed because the train at the very least is impeding other trains being able to pass.
Most derailments are just the train jumping the tracks without any spills. There was a 10 mph curve next to some warehouses on my route where they "derailed" at least a couple of times a year when they took that curve a little fast. Never any spills. Just ended up blocking traffic for at least half a day. Many of those cars had hazmats going to a plastics manufacturer too.

Certainly it got reported to the government but never on the news.

rickyb

ive almost derailed trains. it costs time and money for them to put it back on the tracks. but it doesnt necessarily block traffic.

"
Greg Regan, the president of the AFL-CIO's Transportation Trades Department, representing the 37 unions in that sector, said it was too soon to attribute specific causes for the East Palestine derailment. But he warned that in general, America's freight rail carriers were eluding any real regulation because the federal reporting system for near misses and minor incidents that signal bigger problems remains entirely voluntary and not one of them was opting to participate unlike in the aviation industry.

"I don't think we have a very accurate accounting of how often these incidents occur and what the risks are for both the employees and the general public because not one of these Class One railroads participates in the Confidential Close Calls reporting system where employees can report near misses or minor incidents without fear of repercussions from their employer," he said.

Regan added that while the Class 1 freight behemoths were choosing to fly without this basic safety net, the nation's commuter and passenger rail outfits like Amtrak were participating in this commonsense compliance program that promotes safety because what gets measured gets managed."

Analbumcover

ControlPkgs
I love how no one is reporting this- the legacy Democrat propaganda at CNN/ABC/NBC/CBS or the controlled opposition at Fox.

I had to learn about this from /pol/ of all places.....

over9five

Staff member
OMG, just got my paper!

newspaper.jpg

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Has anyone looked into the manufacture of the derailed tanker cars ?
Could it have been a defect in their construction ?
I recall a major money guy who always backed the democrats and the anti-pipeline protesters who operated such a company.

vantexan

ive almost derailed trains. it costs time and money for them to put it back on the tracks. but it doesnt necessarily block traffic.

"
Greg Regan, the president of the AFL-CIO's Transportation Trades Department, representing the 37 unions in that sector, said it was too soon to attribute specific causes for the East Palestine derailment. But he warned that in general, America's freight rail carriers were eluding any real regulation because the federal reporting system for near misses and minor incidents that signal bigger problems remains entirely voluntary and not one of them was opting to participate unlike in the aviation industry.

"I don't think we have a very accurate accounting of how often these incidents occur and what the risks are for both the employees and the general public because not one of these Class One railroads participates in the Confidential Close Calls reporting system where employees can report near misses or minor incidents without fear of repercussions from their employer," he said.

Regan added that while the Class 1 freight behemoths were choosing to fly without this basic safety net, the nation's commuter and passenger rail outfits like Amtrak were participating in this commonsense compliance program that promotes safety because what gets measured gets managed."

Tell me how other trains pass a train that's half on, half off a track?