Chernobyl, Ohio

newolddude

How often do we have derailments that result in death or chemical spills?
The list you demanded.

If you want more, let me know.

newolddude

The poorly implemented private passenger rail in Florida is a killing machine because of stupid Floridians walking and driving across at-grade crossings.

You can read this article to get the full count.

vantexan

The list you demanded.

I didn't look at them but do know those are spread out over a number of years. Some didn't cause deaths. My question is how often do trains derail causing deaths or chemical spills? The spill in Ohio is pretty bad but how often does that happen? Is passenger train travel more dangerous than car travel?

vantexan

The poorly implemented private passenger rail in Florida is a killing machine because of stupid Floridians walking and driving across at-grade crossings.

You can read this article to get the full count.

But that's more about people not paying attention than trains derailing.

newolddude

I didn't look at them but do know those are spread out over a number of years. Some didn't cause deaths. My question is how often do trains derail causing deaths or chemical spills? The spill in Ohio is pretty bad but how often does that happen? Is passenger train travel more dangerous than car travel?
I don't know and I'm not going to do a multi-hour deep dive and statistical analysis because you're demanding pages of proof after I gave you a number of examples. But maybe this article answers your question.

But here are a few more articles that I'm sure you'll claim don't answer your questions and requirements of proof.

Not super often and trains are actually a pretty safe way to move hazardous chemicals. But it could be safer by implementing 20th century safety measures.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
The list you demanded.

You make a good argument against shutting down pipelines, which are much safer.

newolddude

vantexan

I don't know and I'm not going to do a multi-hour deep dive and statistical analysis because you're demanding pages of proof after I gave you a number of examples. But maybe this article answers your question.

But here are a few more articles that I'm sure you'll claim don't answer your questions and requirements of proof.

Not super often and trains are actually a pretty safe way to move hazardous chemicals. But it could be safer by implementing 20th century safety measures.
I was never demanding anything. I asked Ricky a simple question and you jumped in. My point is, with him going off about how capitalism ruins everything and railroads are unsafe because of capitalism, that it's not nearly as bad as he says but things happen.

newolddude

I was never demanding anything. I asked Ricky a simple question and you jumped in. My point is, with him going off about how capitalism ruins everything and railroads are unsafe because of capitalism, that it's not nearly as bad as he says but things happen.
Yes, things happen and it sucks. But dangerous chemicals need to be transported and the truth is rail is the safest way. The problem is there is room for increased safety but the big rail corporations won't do it themselves and then fight any government oversight.