China "Dog Meat" Festival Begins

rickyb

If life expectancy in Thailand is 79 years then food isn't an issue. And of course people should have decent housing. But you seem to be saying the U.S. should pay for everyone in developing countries to have nice housing. There aren't enough resources in the world to make that happen.
food is an issue in north america btw

vantexan

food is an issue in north america btw
Hate to tell you this but food banks are everywhere in the U.S. Free food, no questions asked. If people starve here they are most likely abusing substances that alter their ability to reason. You want to believe the very worst about capitalism and the U.S. but this is a land of plenty. The poor can get food stamps and often eat better than those who pay for everything. You are consistently wrong about the U.S., driven by your ideology.

rickyb

Hate to tell you this but food banks are everywhere in the U.S. Free food, no questions asked. If people starve here they are most likely abusing substances that alter their ability to reason. You want to believe the very worst about capitalism and the U.S. but this is a land of plenty. The poor can get food stamps and often eat better than those who pay for everything. You are consistently wrong about the U.S., driven by your ideology.
why are 1/6 children facing hunger?

are food banks efficient? how long does it take to go to a food bank and how much do they give you?

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
the truth hurts
A7791DF9-0162-4F47-8174-1516C1A67060.jpeg

vantexan

how long does it take to get that food and how much do they give?
Food banks are everywhere. And you can go back every time they distribute food. I believe for most that's once or twice a week. I got a free meal in Idaho Falls, ID once. They gave out free prepared meals every day. Got a box of free food in Bismarck, ND. I ended up giving half away in a Wal-Mart parking lot. Had no way to cook the vegetables. Kept the packaged food. Was enough to feed 3 people for 2-3 days.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Food banks are everywhere. And you can go back every time they distribute food. I believe for most that's once or twice a week. I got a free meal in Idaho Falls, ID once. They gave out free prepared meals every day. Got a box of free food in Bismarck, ND. I ended up giving half away in a Wal-Mart parking lot. Had no way to cook the vegetables. Kept the packaged food. Was enough to feed 3 people for 2-3 days.
Your personal experiences don't prove that hunger is non-existent in the US. The narrative is that the USA is the "greatest country in the world", which is just plain wrong on so many levels. We lag far behind many other countries, particularly in the arena of social services.
Overall quality of life and happiness put the US far down the list of First World nations. Keep on believing, OK? I would love to become a Canadian citizen, so please sponsor me at my GoFundMe site.

vantexan

Your personal experiences don't prove that hunger is non-existent in the US. The narrative is that the USA is the "greatest country in the world", which is just plain wrong on so many levels. We lag far behind many other countries, particularly in the arena of social services.
Overall quality of life and happiness put the US far down the list of First World nations. Keep on believing, OK? I would love to become a Canadian citizen, so please sponsor me at my GoFundMe site.
We would love you to go to Canada too. I never said hunger is non-existent. I said there are food banks everywhere in the U.S. and with a little effort people can get food to feed themselves. How much traveling have you done overseas? In many developing nations if you don't have the money to pay you don't get treatment at hospitals. There is a national medical service in some countries like Mexico. But the care is minimal and subpar. Those with the means go to private hospitals.

Tell me how with the very real problems the poor have in the U.S. how letting in millions illegally will help them have a better life? Who do you think they'll be competing with for jobs? Think pay will go up with an excess of workers?

Certainly in European countries with small populations but have either natural resources like Norway or have developed themselves into banking centers like Switzerland the quality of life is high. Same for Singapore in Asia. But name me one country with a large population where top to bottom they do everything right and have prosperity for everyone? Canada also benefits greatly from being a large country with huge resources but a small population. Same for Australia.

I've been a proponent for living overseas for decades. But unless you have independent wealth you won't be able to afford living in the really nice places. In the developing world you can have a comfortable life for less but there are tradeoffs. I'm most likely going to stay in the States now because as an English speaker it's just easier. And things work. And are culturally familiar. It certainly isn't for what passes for entertainment these days. And I prefer our football to theirs.

If I go anywhere it will be Argentina. I can eat a high quality steak in a nice restaurant for less than $10 with the huge Andes looming nearby. And decent internet can be had now so can still be in touch in English. And the people are very pleasant to deal with in spite of my limited Spanish.

rickyb