Christianity

Integrity

Binge Poster
Feel free to ask a question for clarification or offer an explanation of what you mean.

So far you are withdrawn and unengaged, pointlessly defensive but unwilling to just walk away.
Feel free to ask a question for clarification or offer an explanation of what you mean.
Ok.
So far you are withdrawn and unengaged, pointlessly defensive but unwilling to just walk away.
I choose to not support or agree with your point of view.

No big deal.

El Correcto

god is dead
God is outside of the universe, outside of time. I always thought of it like the universe is a globe setting on his desk, but it is a globe with 10 dimensions. It's more complex than we can deal with mentally.
This is just you making up stuff to pile onto a made up god. None of this is based on reality and I’m not gonna address it but you can’t really address the validity of a fairytale outside of space and time.
Another analogy is like humans compared to ants. God looks down at the ants (us) who have no concept of the bigger reality. They are stuck for a brief moment in someone's backyard working away & then they die. We're trapped listening to other ants try to fill us with ant knowledge, try to sell us ant merchandise and convince us that we used to be fish. Oh and it all happened accidentally so there's no need to push on for a purpose.
Accidentally and no need for purpose are wrong imo. Studies greatly support having a sense of purpose for your life, psychology and therapy recognize a sense of purpose as very beneficial to a human being.

What have I said so far that would make you think I believe in accidents?
IMG_0013.jpeg

just a bit of semantics.

FromOffTheStreets

This is just you making up stuff to pile onto a made up god. None of this is based on reality and I’m not gonna address it but you can’t really address the validity of a fairytale outside of space and time.
Read this slowly.
If nothing exists in totality but our universe then where is the universe located?
What was in the space or area that in now inhabits?
What is outside of it?
What caused elements to exist at all?
How can material come to exist If there is nothing outside of the universe?
Something is outside of it, some go to multi-verse but that just moves the goalposts back to the 1st one. I believe that a creator built a ball & gave the subjects of his creation a way to dwell in his presence. You believe in magic and fairytales. He gave you a path to not have to dwell in his presence, you should be thankful for that. He could have made us all robots with no choices.

FromOffTheStreets

Accidentally and no need for purpose are wrong imo. Studies greatly support having a sense of purpose for your life, psychology and therapy recognize a sense of purpose as very beneficial to a human being.

What have I said so far that would make you think I believe in accidents?
View attachment 475540
just a bit of semantics.
A good video on finding your way out

El Correcto

god is dead
Read this slowly.
If nothing exists in totality but our universe then where is the universe located?
Not sure.
What was in the space or area that in now inhabits?
Not sure.
What is outside of it?
Not sure.
What caused elements to exist at all?
Read about star life cycles. Read about the conditions that energy is converted into matter.
How can material come to exist If there is nothing outside of the universe?
Because there was still the universe, the Big Bang isn’t teaching the universe came from nothing or that “nothing” is outside of the universe space. Don’t confuse the observable universe with the entire universe.
Something is outside of it, some go to multi-verse but that just moves the goalposts back to the 1st one.
I’m not sure about this. I haven’t cared enough to go that far, doesn’t mean your fairytale is right or that anyone knows for sure. Don’t confuse the observable universe with the entire universe.

I believe that a creator built a ball & gave the subjects of his creation a way to dwell in his presence. You believe in magic and fairytales.
No actually you believe in fairytales and magic, evolution is 100% confirmed facts.
He gave you a path to not have to dwell in his presence, you should be thankful for that. He could have made us all robots with no choices.
Yet again you are just making stuff up, just because I choose a path of humility in admitting I don’t know doesn’t mean your fairytale based arrogance is correct.

rickyb

i wanted to put this in the religion thread but its not open for discussion :S
In this documentary about evangelicals the leader says she wants American christians to die for their beliefs the same way some Muslims do. I agree but you have to die for the right reasons.