christmas 2012

barnyard

KTM rider
Ours will probably start in early November. Helpers will probably start about the same time. Seems like every year more of us get a helper, even rural guys.

OptimusPrime

*Fingers crossed* "Please get a hot helper! Please get a hot helper! Please get a hot helper!" But alas, being a swing driver I bet all I will get for the holidays is loads of frustration and frustrating loads.

barnyard

KTM rider
*Fingers crossed* "Please get a hot helper! Please get a hot helper! Please get a hot helper!"

I have not ever had a chick helper. My best helper was a laid off IT guy. Picked up the board with in 2 or 3 stops. All my other helpers have had plusses and minuses, all but one stayed the whole season, so I think I have been very lucky.

Had one helper that had just, as in the 2 weeks before, moved here from North Carolina. He was not ready for winter. That dude had layer, upon layer, upon layer.

I am not sure if the route I am on now gets a helper. I'll have to ask on Monday. I would think so, it is half rural, half small town.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
This peak is going to be ugly. Was talking to a sup today that said at one point last peak the post office almost told us to scrap surepost because they just couldn't handle it all. He also said they are expecting up to a 500% increase this year. If that's the case we will end up with a large amount of that volume and peak is gonna be nuts.

This peak is going to be ugly. Was talking to a sup today that said at one point last peak the post office almost told us to scrap surepost because they just couldn't handle it all. He also said they are expecting up to a 500% increase this year. If that's the case we will end up with a large amount of that volume and peak is gonna be nuts.
I hope it real nuts.

brown bomber

brown bomber
should I return as a helper , even though I'm technically classified as DISABLED....I'll hold out for the highest bidder I'm quite certain I could dig through and sort a S H I T load as well as most current drivers

barnyard

KTM rider

This would explain why the surepost changes are being implemented right now. Somewhere, someone knows or has a very good idea how many surepost packages are going to be delivered by us, instead of the PO. It would be interesting to see those numbers.

Indecisi0n

The stop counts are already at what they were during peak last year. Routes that use to go out with 120 are going out at 170-180 (daily). I had to cover a training route yesterday and it was crazy. And UPS wonders why these new casuals keep quitting. We have gone through about 8 guys who have come and quit in a matter of only a few weeks. I can understand the theory of wanting to push a guy to make sure he is "tough enough" but they are going too far with guys that have no experience.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
The stop counts are already at what they were during peak last year. Routes that use to go out with 120 are going out at 170-180 (daily). I had to cover a training route yesterday and it was crazy. And UPS wonders why these new casuals keep quitting. We have gone through about 8 guys who have come and quit in a matter of only a few weeks. I can understand the theory of wanting to push a guy to make sure he is "tough enough" but they are going too far with guys that have no experience.

Yep we had a summer seasonal who was next in line to drive. He told them two weeks in he would finish the summer period but wanted nothing to do with driving after that.