Clarence Thomas accepts millions of dollars in gifts from Republican donor

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Funny that a Supreme Court judge wouldn't know a single thing about income tax.
$500k here, $100k there... For 20 years.
Yes. odd, isn't it? It's also strange that Thomas didn't seem to have a clue he was this rich billionaire's lackey, a Black man doing the bidding of his White "master". Today, it came out that the benefactor has tons of Nazi memorabilia, including an autographed copy of Mein Kampf. I wouldn't want it if it were free, but that's not all. He also has a large collection of Antebellum Era from the old South.

Clarence Thomas has always been a useful tool of the Far Right, and probably the biggest Uncle Tom in history.

Thebrownblob

Yes. odd, isn't it? It's also strange that Thomas didn't seem to have a clue he was this rich billionaire's lackey, a Black man doing the bidding of his White "master". Today, it came out that the benefactor has tons of Nazi memorabilia, including an autographed copy of Mein Kampf. I wouldn't want it if it were free, but that's not all. He also has a large collection of Antebellum Era from the old South.

Clarence Thomas has always been a useful tool of the Far Right, and probably the biggest Uncle Tom in history.
Probably one of the most racist comments I’ve ever seen on this website. It’s always nice when people pull back the veil and show their true selves.

vantexan

The only thing you proved with the above is you're a racist. Meanwhile Thomas and his good friend are two different races and see beyond all that. Eats you up that they are without using it to further some agenda. Your mind is poisoned.

Thebrownblob

The only thing you proved with the above is you're a racist. Meanwhile Thomas and his good friend are two different races and see beyond all that. Eats you up that they are without using it to further some agenda. Your mind is poisoned.
It’s truly sad. Will scream Black Lives Matter, and then denigrate any black life they don't like.

bacha29

What planet are you from again? The government didn't offer anything. Biden dangled that out there to get votes but even Pelosi said that was up to Congress, not the president.
Except affording donors the opportunity to make a TAX DEDUCTIBLE charitable contribution to a Not For Profit hospital.

bacha29

I think they already have.
Judge Thomas' old lady materially participated in efforts to overturn the 2020 election combined with the fact that Judge Thomas was one of just 2 SCOTUS who opposed the SCOTUS denial of Texas AG Ken Paxton's suit against Georgia, Michigan, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin in his effort to overturn the results of the elections in those states despite the fact that he is the Attorney General of the state of Texas and only the state of Texas. A state where Harlan Crow has a lot of money, assets, power and influence Yet Judge Thomas wanted the suit to go forward. Doesn't that seem a little too "close friends"?

bacha29

Were they? You think I was the exception? And I'll put my situation up against you wanting to give well paid college grads half a trillion dollars in student loan relief anytime. Who would be the bigger burden on society?
The most they'll get even if it achieves final approval will be 20K. Now how many tax dollars were deducted from tax returns in order to raise the funds needed to pay for a certain somebody's operation?
Another point you're overlooking is the fact that those who are inline to receive the forgiveness are still working and will continue to work for many years to come. The US Treasury the has the opportunity to recoup those dollars. How much will it recover from you?

vantexan

The most they'll get even if it achieves final approval will be 20K. Now how many tax dollars were deducted from tax returns in order to raise the funds needed to pay for a certain somebody's operation?
Another point you're overlooking is the fact that those who are inline to receive the forgiveness are still working and will continue to work for many years to come. The US Treasury the has the opportunity to recoup those dollars. How much will it recover from you?
It's an insult to all those who have paid off their loans as well as all those who never took a loan. And it doesn't matter. It can only go through Congress. Biden was in no position to offer it Constitutionally.

As has been settled the funds needed to pay for my operation weren't from taxes. So you're at best misleading, at worst you're flat out lying. Meanwhile with $31 trillion in debt you'd give half a trillion to people who make decent to very good money with as you pointed out the potential to make much more. So it's really about buying votes, nothing more and it's very clear that people with your mindset are the major reason we're in such a hole.

As for Thomas, tell me about all the very important Democrats who were on Jeffrey Epstein's private island or in his Manhattan apartment screwing underage girls? You know, the people who likely had him killed? And let's not forget Hillary and Joe selling access. Compared to them Thomas hanging out with his rich buddy is nothing.

Last edited:

vantexan

Judge Thomas' old lady materially participated in efforts to overturn the 2020 election combined with the fact that Judge Thomas was one of just 2 SCOTUS who opposed the SCOTUS denial of Texas AG Ken Paxton's suit against Georgia, Michigan, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin in his effort to overturn the results of the elections in those states despite the fact that he is the Attorney General of the state of Texas and only the state of Texas. A state where Harlan Crow has a lot of money, assets, power and influence Yet Judge Thomas wanted the suit to go forward. Doesn't that seem a little too "close friends"?
A bunch of states signed on to that suit and it was for good reason, going against their own state constitutions at the last minute to change rules. My understanding it was only against Pennsylvania if I remember right.

Last edited:

bacha29

A bunch of states signed on to that suit and it was for good reason, going against their own state constitutions at the last minute to change rules. My understanding it was only against Pennsylvania if I remember right.
Is Texas and the GOP as a whole NOT the "states rights " party?
It's an insult to all those who have paid off their loans as well as all those who never took a loan. And it doesn't matter. It can only go through Congress. Biden was in no position to offer it Constitutionally.

As has been settled the funds needed to pay for my operation weren't from taxes. So you're at best misleading, at worst you're flat out lying. Meanwhile with $31 trillion in debt you'd give half a trillion to people who make decent to very good money with as you pointed out the potential to make much more. So it's really about buying votes, nothing more and it's very clear that people with your mindset are the major reason we're in such a hole.

As for Thomas, tell me about all the very important Democrats who were on Jeffrey Epstein's private island or in his Manhattan apartment screwing underage girls? You know, the people who likely had him killed? And let's not forget Hillary and Joe selling access. Compared to them Thomas hanging out with his rich buddy is nothing.
You said straight up and down that your surgery was paid for by charitable donations. And were they not tax deductible charitable donations? And without the benefit of tax deductibility would they still have made those donations to that licensed as a nonprofit charitable hospital?

vantexan

Is Texas and the GOP as a whole NOT the "states rights " party?

You said straight up and down that your surgery was paid for by charitable donations. And were they not tax deductible charitable donations? And without the benefit of tax deductibility would they still have made those donations to that licensed as a nonprofit charitable hospital?
When did I ever say they were paid by charitable donations? It's a non profit, not a charity.

And "states rights" doesn't mean anyone gets to change the rules whenever they feel like it. That power is given by the Constitution to the state legislatures.

bacha29

When did I ever say they were paid by charitable donations? It's a non profit, not a charity.

And "states rights" doesn't mean anyone gets to change the rules whenever they feel like it. That power is given by the Constitution to the state legislatures.
So tell me? What's the difference between the two? People and family trusts can and do make TAX DEDUCTIBLE donations and gifts to non profits .

Power to state legislatures? Then what's a Texas AG who's power is limited to state level law enforcement doing suing 4 neighboring states just because he didn't like the results in those states?

vantexan

So tell me? What's the difference between the two? People and family trusts can and do make TAX DEDUCTIBLE donations and gifts to non profits .

Power to state legislatures? Then what's a Texas AG who's power is limited to state level law enforcement doing suing 4 neighboring states just because he didn't like the results in those states?
You really didn't follow the election huh? If you did you'd know that if a state allows a judge to change election rules instead of the legislature as stipulated by that state's constitution, then it negates the votes of other states who followed their constitutions, which give the power to state legislatures per the U.S. Constitution to run their elections. That's what the lawsuit was about and it was against Pennsylvania, not all four.

The non profit hospital sets aside a small percentage of their fees to cover the operations of poor patients without insurance. Has nothing to do with charitable donations. And you still are willing to give a half trillion dollars to those who don't need it in spite of a $31 trillion national debt.

bacha29

You really didn't follow the election huh? If you did you'd know that if a state allows a judge to change election rules instead of the legislature as stipulated by that state's constitution, then it negates the votes of other states who followed their constitutions, which give the power to state legislatures per the U.S. Constitution to run their elections. That's what the lawsuit was about and it was against Pennsylvania, not all four.

The non profit hospital sets aside a small percentage of their fees to cover the operations of poor patients without insurance. Has nothing to do with charitable donations. And you still are willing to give a half trillion dollars to those who don't need it in spite of a $31 trillion national debt
Texas Tribune 12-12-20 will tell you the entire story and it was the 4 states I told you earlier
Glad to see that you finally admitted the fact that hospitals have to overcharge insurers in order to raise cash to pay for the care and treatment of those who have no insurance and insurers in the end have to charge their subscribers, people like myself with premiums higher than they would otherwise have to pay just to pay for the care of deadbeats.

Innocent law abiding citizens are paying for the care of someone they shouldn't have to be paying for.

Thebrownblob

Texas Tribune 12-12-20 will tell you the entire story and it was the 4 states I told you earlier
Glad to see that you finally admitted the fact that hospitals have to overcharge insurers in order to raise cash to pay for the care and treatment of those who have no insurance and insurers in the end have to charge their subscribers, people like myself with premiums higher than they would otherwise have to pay just to pay for the care of deadbeats.

Innocent law abiding citizens are paying for the care of someone they shouldn't have to be paying for.
Well, perhaps that’s somewhat true but you and I both know the medical industry is a scam, as far as price. You are a piece of meat and have a certain value.

How do you say innocent and Law abiding? I had you picked for someone who would want single payer socialized, healthcare, Wouldn’t that be law-abiding citizens paying for someone they shouldn’t have to?

bacha29

Well, perhaps that’s somewhat true but you and I both know the medical industry is a scam, as far as price. You are a piece of meat and have a certain value.

How do you say innocent and Law abiding? I had you picked for someone who would want single payer socialized, healthcare, Wouldn’t that be law-abiding citizens paying for someone they shouldn’t have to?

Medicare is by far the most cost efficient provider of coverage for healthcare expenses. It's administrative fees are around 3% . This is the reason why private insurers hate it. They have to provide returns to their investors. Medicare doesn't And under the ACA private insurers are now required to spend 85% of their premiums collected actually paying claims. That's why they hate the ACA and have tried repeatedly to get it repealed. Like any for profit stockholder owned insurer making those Wall Street earnings estimate will always come before paying claims and that will only come if they can't find a way to get out of paying them .

Thebrownblob

Medicare is by far the most cost efficient provider of coverage for healthcare expenses. It's administrative fees are around 3% . This is the reason why private insurers hate it. They have to provide returns to their investors. Medicare doesn't And under the ACA private insurers are now required to spend 85% of their premiums collected actually paying claims. That's why they hate the ACA and have tried repeatedly to get it repealed. Like any for profit stockholder owned insurer making those Wall Street earnings estimate will always come before paying claims and that will only come if they can't find a way to get out of paying them .
OK, so I was right you do want other innocent Americans to pay for other peoples care?