Clint Eastwood's RNC Speech

moreluck

golden ticket member
DS

Thank you, but right now we do not want to be Canada and contrary to what is fashionable to say, we don't want to reduce the deficit. It's part of American Exceptionalism, so I doubt that you will understand. We are busy having a political temper tantrum. Try back in 10 years or so.
Maybe you shouldn't use "we" because 'I' want to reduce the deficit.

klein

Für Meno :)
I don't think any of you clicked on my link to Charles Adler.
His guest Dr Ian Lee,believes that Ryan is only attempting to do
what worked here in Canada.Ryan is proposing to...
Bring government spending down from 25% to 20%...
Convert medicaid into a block grant,cap it at 3%,and claw back on medicare...
Reduce corporate tax but also remove their deductions....
Facts show that corporations usually put their money where taxes are lower.
It gives them an incentive to not cheat on taxes,or have them simply
move the money to another country.
A country that has lower rates.

These ideas have helped us reduce our deficit

You forgot, both Romney and Ryan will not raise taxes.
That's unlike Canada, as we just raised Canada Pension Plan tax constributions again this year to keep it afloat for many years to come.
Same as raising property taxes year after year to keep our cities modern, clean, and totally in good infrastructure.

Canadians believe in paying more for getting more and enjoying a more prosperous environment. I don't think Americans think the same.
Canadians think more as a whole nation, while Americans tend to think more of themselves (hence - no National Healthcare).

Lue C Fur

Evil member
Canadians believe in paying more for getting more and enjoying a more prosperous environment. I don't think (you dont say) Americans think the same.
Canadians think more as a whole nation, while Americans tend to think more of themselves (hence - no National Healthcare).

Talking out your arse again i see...or is it all the "likor" killing those brain cells?

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Maybe you shouldn't use "we" because 'I' want to reduce the deficit.

then that makes shows you have different views from Romney / Ryan, as their budget plan calls for a balanced budget "somewhere" in the years 2035 and the deficit to continue to grow to 24 trillion but goverment spending cut from 30% of GDP to 20% of GDP.

Thats alot different than your position.

Peace

TOS

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
118021_600.jpg

upsgrunt

Dude, let it go. I think we all agree that it turned out not what was expected, but you take things too far. Move on. A failed presidency trumps a bad speech any day.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Not if you can't accept any increase in taxes you don't.
You spout this talking point like the rest of the Dems........remember what happens if you tax 100% each earner over $25,000.....100% !!!! It's still not enough. Now what? Tax the middle level ?
The only reason Dems. want to raise tax is to get more spending money.
The crazy spending is over and they don't seem to get it.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
You spout this talking point like the rest of the Dems........remember what happens if you tax 100% each earner over $25,000.....100% !!!! It's still not enough. Now what? Tax the middle level ?

Moreluck, can you tell us what 6 trillion dollars was spent on? enlighten us with your knowledge on CRAZY SPENDING.

Peace

TOS

bbsam

Staff member
You are spouting crazy talk. Nobody thinks this is going to be done in a year or two. It will take time. But if we let all the Bush/Obama tax cuts expire, things come into balance in 7 to 10 years. Nothing wrong with that.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Yes, but that has already begun. But you simply can't do it all only by cutting.
"Yes, but"....the Dems. standard to buy them time to form their talking points.

Another one is "Look" and a pause....Sally Kohn. Her answere always start with "Look"

menotyou

bella amicizia
I, for one, am tired of hearing how it will change. I want to see the change. Novel idea! Get the 1 trillion dollars from Iraq. Another one! Gas prices are out of control. There are two things I want to see immediately.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
I, for one, am tired of hearing how it will change. I want to see the change. Novel idea! Get the 1 trillion dollars from Iraq. Another one! Gas prices are out of control. There are two things I want to see immediately.

IRAQ should be paying for our military service, but that wont happen. Bush made a deal to leave them off the hook. We EAT that money. As for gas prices, I agree, however, there is no REASON for gas being this high. We are at ALL TIME LEVELS of oil reserves in this country and we are EXPORTING more oil than we are IMPORTING.

This is the first time since 1949 that this is happening yet, the oil companies are ripping us off at the pumps. Convenient refinery explosions the month before labor day, and the timely restoration of those refineries afterwards is now bringing prices down after the biggest driving weekend of the year. Gee, I wonder how that happened??

No more drilling will change or make a difference. We already have more oil in this country than we need, yet, rather than save it, our oil companies are selling it overseas and charging us twice what its worth.

peace

TOS