CNN is losing what credibility it has left

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I haven't watched any of the networks in years. I have satellite radio in my tractor and in the run up to the election I would try and catch CCN in the evenings sometimes just to get caught up but it was always Anderson Cooper and his roundtable discussion panel and I couldn't listen for more than a couple minutes, just a bunch of people yelling at each other.
I never paid much attention to Anderson Cooper until this election and Trump presidency.
He is a comical and silly person who really shouldn't be on any news network.
I have seen a few things that are non-political and he was OK but put something political and his personal bias (liberal and homosexual) just looks plain silly.
I put him and Joy Behar in the same category - just a bunch of stupid.
Oh yeah ... who was/is that crazy ass female lawyer turned commentator on Headline news?
I couldn't listen to her more than 10 seconds.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Please remember, these people don't read newspapers, magazines, or consume anything that disagrees with the Right Wing Echo chamber. If it doesn't fit the narrative, it's either fake news or lies.

That's pretty sad, but when you don't bother to educate yourself, you become a tool for those who do.
The topic is not reporting the news anymore not whether they are slanted.
And your statement is the pot calling the kettle black.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Now that explains you to a T during the last election .

No. I listened to both sides. But, saying someone like Sean Hannity is a journalist, and that FOX is news is a complete fallacy. It is a Right Wing echo chamber with entertainers who make up :censored2: to fit their narrative.

O'Reilly and Limbaugh are the same thing...paid purveyors of lies. Fact check any of them. They lie almost as much as Der Orange Fuhrer.

rod

Retired 22 years
This old house. And reruns of Mash. He is old.

Mash -- yes but This Old House --no way. I will watch TOH but just for the comedy of watching someone take a $100,000 house, spend $250,000 remodeling it only to end up with a house worth no where near that in a neighborhood full of pissed off people who are mad at you for increasing the taxes of everyone around you because their property values went up.

rod

Retired 22 years
Yes, I'm waiting for the next ethnic group to be scapegoated and for Trump to appoint his Goebbels.

Sheep like you will buy it all, and then after the bad stuff happens, you'll plead ignorance, which is your only defense anyway.

Do you ever just take a day off and enjoy life?

Last edited by a moderator:

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
D

you ever just take a day off and enjoy life?

All the time. Flying off to somewhere fun today, in fact. Whatever you think of me, I love this country, and I see what's happening to it, and it's painful.

Trump is a dangerously unbalanced tyrant, and now he's in charge. None of it seems to bother any of you at all.

That's troubling.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
No. I listened to both sides. But, saying someone like Sean Hannity is a journalist, and that FOX is news is a complete fallacy. It is a Right Wing echo chamber with entertainers who make up :censored2: to fit their narrative.

O'Reilly and Limbaugh are the same thing...paid purveyors of lies. Fact check any of them. They lie almost as much as Der Orange Fuhrer.
I agree with that but that's all you have on CNN, MSNBC and all the network news when they report on politics.

Fox is in the Republicans corner so I have not watched them in 8 years until now.
They are a more credible source of news about what Trump is doing.
CNN is in the Democrats corner and I watched them during Obama's presidency.
Until Trump, CNN is where I went to so I could understand what Obama and the Dems were up to.

It seems all the networks refuse to report news unless their political party is in power.

@bbsam

Last edited:

wkmac

I once heard an interesting point made and that CNN years ago started something called Crossfire and it was very successful. But it also started a trend across TV news where news shifted to being opinion and watchers began to accept opinion as news. Over the years that point always seemed to have some ring of truth to it.

I like to go all over the spectrum for news. Where I see the same points delivered by most if not all news sources, I consider that the actual news on some level but where they begin to differ from one another, there is where you may be dealing with opinion and you need to tread lightly with some skepticism. It takes work and thus why sometimes it's just easier to throw up your hands, call them all a bunch of lying MFers and go watch the ballgame!
;)

And if Rev. Costas is calling the game, be prepared for one of his sermons at some point! LOL!

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Trump is a dangerously unbalanced tyrant, and now he's in charge. None of it seems to bother any of you at all.

That's troubling.
From what I have seen of Trump, so far, he is no more of a tyrant than Obama or Bush Jr or Hillary Clinton.

The point of this thread (once again) is credible news reporting where the news network doesn't report the news but spends all their time attacking the Prez.
Same with FOX during Obama.

CNN has not reported what the president is doing except in 10 seconds of real reporting and then they go into attack mode.

@bbsam

Last edited:

newfie

OAN is extremely biased towards the Conservative but they do actually report the news.
I think you can watch CNN for 3 or 4 hours and never get any political news ... just crap they make up against politicians they don't like.

yep I've never seen anything like it.
I'm not a Limbaugh listener but I heard of one quote he made that sums it up perfectly.

we expect our media will hold our leaders accountable. who holds them accountable?

bbsam

Staff member
Pointing out the constant lies by the administration and it's hack spokespeople is news. Reporting on a President and his billion dollar side business is news. Reporting on an United States President and his seamingly cozy dealings with the tyrant ruler of a vast nuclear nation is news.

This isn't "fake news". It's happening and it's having consequences across the globe.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
1.) Pointing out the constant lies by the administration and it's hack spokespeople is news.
2.) Reporting on a President and his billion dollar side business is news.
3.) Reporting on an United States President and his seamingly cozy dealings with the tyrant ruler of a vast nuclear nation is news.

This isn't "fake news". It's happening and it's having consequences across the globe.
Off topic but anyway.
1) news but not relevant to his actions as President
2) news but not relevant to his actions as President
3) Trump has never met the guy and talked to him a couple of times. This is a perfect example of "fake" news.

Now, back on topic:
That's what this whole thread is about. The fact that one cannot get news "relevant to his actions as President" from CNN and others just like it was with FOX news when Obama was president.

bbsam

Staff member
3) Trump has never met the guy and talked to him a couple of times. This is a perfect example of "fake" news.

One does not need to meet Putin to know he is everything I claimed. His intelligence services might help him with that once he stops picking fights with them.