Code 43 ....

Discussion in 'FedEx Discussions' started by lobo157, Aug 25, 2015.

1. lobo157

lobo157 New Member

Got a question for the board ........Is there some unwritten rule out there about the use of code 43 by stations to lessen the impact of late freight arrivals ??.....At our station the additional time allotted to us to deliver P1s, is always verbally announced and never ever broadcast by dispatch on a Powerpad ...Is this common practice, or is this deliberately kept off airwaves to fly under the radar ??

2. Operational needs

Operational needs Well-Known Member

Probably to fly under the radar. If it's not in writing, it didn't happen. Lol. We also get word verbally.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  3. outtatime

outtatime Active Member

Before I quit Express last year there was "officially" no extra time given for P1's. We were always told to deliver all P1's first. On a normal non-late freight day we would get a broadcast to send late counts to station after 10:30. However, on late freight days we would always get a message to send lates after such and such time, like 11:43 or something they figured out. Needless to say, after 10:30 it was game on for me late freight or not. Never heard a word about it otherwise. Damned if I was going to be out delivering all night just because someone in Memphis can't get the planes out on time.

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  4. Fred's Myth

Fred's Myth Active Member

The additional time allotted pertains only to internal criteria and does not affect the money back guarantee. It only lets station management off the hook from explaining service failures during the additional time, therefore no formal announcement.

5. Operational needs

It's funny that @WestcoastHD marked everyone's posts disagree, yet doesn't work for Express. So, you think you know better than us?

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  6. Route 66

Route 66 Flacid Member

The massive stinky he was taking (in his truck) put him in a disagreeable mood

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  7. Operational needs

AND got him in the mod queue. Lol.

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  8. dezguy

dezguy Well-Known Member

Obviously because we should all be sprinting from our trucks to the customers door instead of using dex 43 as directed.

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  9. Operational needs

Lol. I don't get paid to sprint.

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  10. dezguy

dezguy Well-Known Member

You must be one of those lazy Express whiners then. :p

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  11. Operational needs

Definitely not lazy, even though I'm senior. I move at a "brisk pace", and no faster.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  12. WestcoastHD

WestcoastHD Massive Stinkies

My verbal interactions are now limited, so I have to respond with ratings. Maybe I work at express and my HD alterego is to mask my identity? No. But maybe I'm ground? No. Maybe I'm HD? No. FedEx OpCo, yes. Custom Critical? Still nope.

13. Operational needs

Come on @WestcoastHD, you can use your big boy words and tell us why you disagree. A red x just to be childish means nothing. :)

14. WestcoastHD

WestcoastHD Massive Stinkies

I already replied but I'm in the mod queue.

15. Screenshot_2015-08-26-08-33-51.png :tongue_sm

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  16. dezguy

dezguy Well-Known Member

He's too busy running around, making $1200 a week... I mean $500 a week... I mean $900 a week... I mean...

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Beer Beer x 1
    • List
  17. Operational needs

He probably responded to us hours ago but, oops, he has to wait for his posts to be moderated. LMAO.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Beer Beer x 1
    • List
  18. dezguy

dezguy Well-Known Member

Well, at least he's graduated from the red x to beer.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Beer Beer x 1
    • List
  19. SmithBarney

SmithBarney Well-Known Member

Priority Overnight is my first Priority, every day.

20. hypo hanna

hypo hanna Well-Known Member

We were told in dispatch not to broadcast additional time because of late inbound. Their rational was that "drivers would slow down."