Code 8s and Dex3s...

MAKAVELI

Business 08s were a big deal a couple of years ago and everyone was to improve same-day resolution, but no one did, so here we are.
No, they are a big deal right now. That's why they have been anal about taking any known or might be closed business stops.

!Retired!

In addition, we are doing reattempts on ALL residential P1's. There has to be at least 15 minutes between reattempts. Our extended routes were told to sit there for 15 minutes if they have to before attempting it a 2nd time if it's in an out of the way location on their routes (it goes without saying it was suggested they take a break).
I've been off for 2 weeks, this might have changed. I'll let you know Tuesday if it changed.

Had one yesterday, correct street address for my area, but resident told me recipient doesn't live there. Did DEX03, dispatch sent me a message city and zip were wrong, supposed to be another state 1000 miles from here. Then, got message from our SAL that I must attempt to correct address.
You get paid by the hour. You MUST attempt it per your managers instructions...lol

I'm at the point where if I get a bad address I just put not in/unsuitable location so I don't have to deal with dispatch. Then I Purple sticker it at the end of shift. It has worked out well so far. If for some reason the customer calls about asking for a reattempt I will probably work it in but if it's gonna :censored2: with my groove too much I plan to ignore the message from dispatch. But if they keep messaging for eta I will say it will be at the station when I get back.
So you falsify to avoid a headache?

Management has told us every business gets a second attempt, without fail.
Same with us.

SmithBarney

So, part of me thinks a dex8 done by a CSA is different than a dex8 done by a courier. Must be pinching pennies at the expense of serving the customer.

Well if its a dex08 within your Route or your station they want a same day by you or someone at your location. Which kinda makes sense.
Dex03s they want a reatt after 16+ minutes, just FYI don't just scan it later down the road, make sure you are at that location, we had someone get nailed for "falsifying" even though the OPS said it was 'OK' to do this. The customer called back and said they were there at the 2nd attempt time, but no one showed.(they had been closed for a meeting)

SmithBarney

In addition, we are doing reattempts on ALL residential P1's. There has to be at least 15 minutes between reattempts. Our extended routes were told to sit there for 15 minutes if they have to before attempting it a 2nd time if it's in an out of the way location on their routes (it goes without saying it was suggested they take a break).

haha go ahead take a 15minute break, it'll get kicked out of the time card system at the end of the night.. ;) 20+ is the minimum.

dezguy

We have been instructed, on days before a long weekend, any businesses that are closed automatically get a DEX17. It's being abused to hell by the newbies because they purposely go to a business during lunch and DEX17 so they can get done earlier and start their long weekend.

whenIgetthere

We have been instructed, on days before a long weekend, any businesses that are closed automatically get a DEX17. It's being abused to hell by the newbies because they purposely go to a business during lunch and DEX17 so they can get done earlier and start their long weekend.

We were told to do the same for a long time, but we were told about six months ago it is falsification unless you actually speak to someone. Now they're 08's, reattempt required for business P1's.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I've been off for 2 weeks, this might have changed. I'll let you know Tuesday if it changed.

You get paid by the hour. You MUST attempt it per your managers instructions...lol

So you falsify to avoid a headache?

Same with us.

If all the managers just stayed at home, every station would run smoother. They have things so effed up right now it's almost unbelievable. The fact that they are guided by the clueless in Memphis makes it worse.

I guarantee that most of these great ideas have been generated by some cubicle dweller Memphoid who has zero idea about how things really work in field ops. Never been on a route or maybe even in a station.