Code 8s and Dex3s...

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
I don't work at your station.
However, you do hold yourself up as a self-proclaimed Defender of All Things Fedex, and Master Corrector of Misinformation. What you advised is blatantly incorrect, and would get anyone who takes your advice into trouble. Manager or no, you have just placed yourself in the company of those you so indelicately deride on this forum. You no longer can claim the high ground.

vantexan

However, you do hold yourself up as a self-proclaimed Defender of All Things Fedex, and Master Corrector of Misinformation. What you advised is blatantly incorrect, and would get anyone who takes your advice into trouble. Manager or no, you have just placed yourself in the company of those you so indelicately deride on this forum. You no longer can claim the high ground.
Could he ever? Ooo, wise guy, nyuk, nyuk, nyuk!

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!

Couple of problems here, hoss.

One, it's not blatantly incorrect when there's documentation that states that couriers in this area are to follow that process. Two, I haven't advised anyone here to do it. My standard advice is to follow the rules set forth by your boss, not by someone else. I don't know how others do it. I don't care.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
The overall reduction in WDLs due to DEX 08s says otherwise.

The whole WDL is bogus and you know it. As others have said, FedEx has simply created another level of the Paper Chase to satisfy a service metric. Like almost everything else at FedEx, the data is therefore false and misleading, except on that crucial report that is part of the management rubric.

In other words, Shill, it's a "bad number".

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
The whole WDL is bogus and you know it. As others have said, FedEx has simply created another level of the Paper Chase to satisfy a service metric. Like almost everything else at FedEx, the data is therefore false and misleading, except on that crucial report that is part of the management rubric.

In other words, Shill, it's a "bad number".

Because a couple of couriers on the internet say so!

Star B

White Lightening
Because a couple of couriers on the internet say so!
Well, let's put it this way:

A DEX8 is still considered a WDL if it's delivered a different day, however it's "excusable".

It is not a WDL. It's not even a late. We attempted to make delivery, there was nobody there to sign for it or for it to be released per our guidelines. The package was "On Time". The fact that the on-time package is now delayed because the rcpt was not there does not make it late.

The metric is screwed up.

a WDL is a package thats sitting in the wrong station because it got missorted or overlooked.. it's a package that instead of going to new york, went to san diego. It's the package that was SIPd and forgotten about under the belt. Not a package that was taken on-road and attempted delivery.

However.............. I can see why it's measured as a WDL... to prevent an easy-out falsification to make metrics look good.

fatboy33

Well, let's put it this way:

A DEX8 is still considered a WDL if it's delivered a different day, however it's "excusable".

It is not a WDL. It's not even a late. We attempted to make delivery, there was nobody there to sign for it or for it to be released per our guidelines. The package was "On Time". The fact that the on-time package is now delayed because the rcpt was not there does not make it late.

The metric is screwed up.

a WDL is a package thats sitting in the wrong station because it got missorted or overlooked.. it's a package that instead of going to new york, went to san diego. It's the package that was SIPd and forgotten about under the belt. Not a package that was taken on-road and attempted delivery.

However.............. I can see why it's measured as a WDL... to prevent an easy-out falsification to make metrics look good.
I see.