Combo jobs anywhere?

Just wondering if there was anybody on here that could tell me if there is any hubs that have combo jobs come open more often? I work at a smaller hub and there isn't going to be any combos come open for a long time. Driving might take another 2 or three years at the minimum and that's not guaranteed. I want to go full time soon. Anybody help with this please? Thanks!!

I know it sucks to wait and be part time but eventually there will be tons of retirements. Then you won't remember when and how you were part time.

packageguy

Just wondering if there was anybody on here that could tell me if there is any hubs that have combo jobs come open more often? I work at a smaller hub and there isn't going to be any combos come open for a long time. Driving might take another 2 or three years at the minimum and that's not guaranteed. I want to go full time soon. Anybody help with this please? Thanks!!

Stick it out, by you leaving here and going there you will lose senority, Stay put, things happen for a reason. Goodluck

UnconTROLLed

perfection

We have had maybe 10 or so combo jobs that were vacated go up for bid last year to the part-timers. The seniority ranged from 25 years PT to around 6 years lowest.

brett636

I know it sucks to wait and be part time but eventually there will be tons of retirements. Then you won't remember when and how you were part time.

This.

In my building we seem to have feast and famine periods when it comes to full time job openings. When I went fulltime just about anyone who wanted a fulltime job could get one(part timers with less than a year seniority were able to go driving), then soon after the fulltime job openings halted and if you had less than 10 years in you weren't going to get a fulltime job. Now its back to where it was when I went fulltime as we can't get enough people in my building interested in fulltime work to fill all the open fulltime driving positions. We just hired 15 feeder drivers off the street because nobody else in my building was qualified or interested in going feeders. I imagine its not much different where you are at, just be patient and it will happen with time.

Where or what hub do you work at? It sounds like there is a real good chance where you're at at getting a job. There isn't any full time combo jobs open and not going to be for a very long time. As far as driving there is some drivers retiring within two yrs but there is also about 4 or 5 people at least ahead of me that are wanting to drive so it's kind of up in the air where I'm at. I'd love to go full time combo or driving. preferably driving but I don't care. Working two part time jobs and still not making any money sucks balls! Sure everyone on here can relate to that crap.