Common overlooked time allowance credits

Bottom rung

To many follow ups with releasing to neighbors. I don't work in the bubble of goodness, there's some not so honest people in the world I live in.
I've never had an issue indirection in a residential neighborhood, the apt complexes are the problem.

oldngray

nowhere special
Many people in apartments will tell you don't leave their packages with neighbors. I would only leave with neighbors if I knew it was OK with customer and that neighbor was OK. You won't get a complaint for a send again but you might get one for indirecting to the wrong person. Plus the driver follow ups.

ArcherUTR

Not in a high risk area

But some how Bottomrung's methods of telling the neighbor, "no I don't want your signature in my DIAD", that instead I'll have a send again and wait on the signed info notice - driver release the package at their door the next day with a SDN button so that the package can then be stolen...is somehow better?

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
But some how Bottomrung's methods of telling the neighbor, "no I don't want your signature in my DIAD", that instead I'll have a send again and wait on the signed info notice - driver release the package at their door the next day with a SDN button so that the package can then be stolen...is somehow better?
Definitely. I just had a followup where a guy in front of an apartment said he lived there and would give the package to the person he lived with. He signed my diad. When the neighboring route's driver did the followup, the guy who signed it supposedly doesn't exist.

I've been on my new route a little less than 6 months and have already had four followups. 1 was a clean release and the other 3 were signed for.

If a person signs an infonotice and releases us from liability/directs us to leave the package then they believe it's safe to do...and it's their neighborhood. They also don't have to sign the slip. They can come pick it up at the center later that night if they live in a bad area and work during the day.

oldngray

nowhere special
Definitely. I just had a followup where a guy in front of an apartment said he lived there and would give the package to the person he lived with. He signed my diad. When the neighboring route's driver did the followup, the guy who signed it supposedly doesn't exist.

If a person signs an infonotice and releases us from liability/directs us to leave the package then they believe it's safe to do...and it's their neighborhood. They also don't have to sign the slip. They can come pick it up at the center later that night if they live in a bad area and work during the day.

I had people steal from their own family and had one grandma tell me don't leave package if she isn't home because her own family who lived with her would steal it.

ArcherUTR

We are going to have to agree to agree and agree to disagree. One way you have a signature in your board at an address and your ass is covered, the other you have to produce a slip of paper days/weeks later absolving yourself.

MethodsMan

Its all about the codes.

Game-Genie.jpg

8up

Lets say the package goes to 123 Elm st.
But the correct address is 135 Elm st.

You type in the correct address,then hit address correction.

It will ask you ,to put in the (bad address) then ask for the customer or business name.

by reporting the bad address you earn the company a $5 on ground and $10 on air, then maybe on your next delivery you don't waste time at the wrong address.

8up

after we started going with DR i found out that if you had a quick shot at obtaining a signature i was getting more planned time at the delivery. the key is like meeting someone working out in the yard when you arrive, beep the horn wave them over as you open the bulkhead door. occasionally i built more time from what you get on a signature without having to go through all the time consuming that you might have to go through to be granted that time. i've made the delivery, got the signature and never stepped out of the vehicle. i had several places where i had this going on and was able to grow that at a few more regular address. one young supervisor recognized what i was doing and said that there was talk that drivers should not be scamming the system this way, his thinking was, work smarter not harder and then he reminded me to sound the horn when arriving at a stop to attract attention, and then i was gaining almost double the amount of signatures. i build up my time plan, while reducing my actual delivery time at each stop while reducing my walk distance. by the time my manager found out about it he smiled and told me i was doing a good job. i wasn't scratch but i was down 4 tenths, and hundreds of steps less per day getting in and out of that old truck. but if you can't get the signature faster than you can than if you just did the DR, you end up loosing time with that method.

oldngray

nowhere special
after we started going with DR i found out that if you had a quick shot at obtaining a signature i was getting more planned time at the delivery. the key is like meeting someone working out in the yard when you arrive, beep the horn wave them over as you open the bulkhead door. occasionally i built more time from what you get on a signature without having to go through all the time consuming that you might have to go through to be granted that time. i've made the delivery, got the signature and never stepped out of the vehicle. i had several places where i had this going on and was able to grow that at a few more regular address. one young supervisor recognized what i was doing and said that there was talk that drivers should not be scamming the system this way, his thinking was, work smarter not harder and then he reminded me to sound the horn when arriving at a stop to attract attention, and then i was gaining almost double the amount of signatures. i build up my time plan, while reducing my actual delivery time at each stop while reducing my walk distance. by the time my manager found out about it he smiled and told me i was doing a good job. i wasn't scratch but i was down 4 tenths, and hundreds of steps less per day getting in and out of that old truck. but if you can't get the signature faster than you can than if you just did the DR, you end up loosing time with that method.

You are always allowed to get a signature. DR is at the driver's discretion and in some high claim neighborhoods its better to get signature if possible.

The Driver

I drive.
Lets say the package goes to 123 Elm st.
But the correct address is 135 Elm st.

You type in the correct address,then hit address correction.

It will ask you ,to put in the (bad address) then ask for the customer or business name.

But where is the address correction button? Is it a soft key? I always hit "Override" soft key but I want to start doing this correctly.

ArcherUTR

But where is the address correction button? Is it a soft key? I always hit "Override" soft key but I want to start doing this correctly.

This is for a bad address or missing suite, but you end up delivering the package to the correct address during the day...

Scan package, big arrow down
hit the pkg info softkey
hit the address correction softkey
input the changes, big arrow up
confirm yes or no to the address corrections
type in the receiver's name or business name
finish the delivery

The Driver

I drive.
This is for a bad address or missing suite, but you end up delivering the package to the correct address during the day...

Scan package, big arrow down
hit the pkg info softkey
hit the address correction softkey
input the changes, big arrow up
confirm yes or no to the address corrections
type in the receiver's name or business name
finish the delivery

When would I use address correction vs. just typing in the right address and overriding it?