Conditions at voting ....

Babagounj

Strength through joy
9:20 est.
small town about 1400 reg voters, I was number 553 today. It took longer to walk there than it did to vote, just a few in line. And only one sign holder outside ( O/B ).

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Got to my polling place 20 minutes before it opened and there were already over 200 people lined up, in 2004 there might have been 10. I'd say the predictions for record turnout are correct.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Re: Conditions at voting .........

Got to my polling place 20 minutes before it opened and there were already over 200 people lined up, in 2004 there might have been 10. I'd say the predictions for record turnout are correct.

High turnout seems to be the theme here in Jawja. Really heavy when I voted and heavy everyday from watching the news.

Heard them on the news this morning saying that in a normal election, black turnout is only 25% but this time it may be 75%. Don't know if that 25% is correct ... the only people I believe less than politicians are the media...but what you want is participation even your candidate doesn't win.

This election is definitely different ... a momentous point in history for the US if Obama wins.

wkmac

I live in major metro area of over 5 million. Left the house at 10 am and back home at 10:40 am having voted. Between getting in line and walking out after voting may have taken all of 20 minutes.

I was surprised to say the least as I was expecting a much longer wait. We (wife and I) did go off hours so to speak but I was expecting something like what we saw in 1976' which was a nightmare. Weather is absolutely beautiful too.

God I wanna burn an option day bad! mountain picnic would be perfect.
:happy-very:

av8torntn

Got out of my truck at 11:01, voted and was leaving the parking lot at 11:09. Four people holding signs outside. None were for either presidential candidate. I was voter number 1109 and I am normally in the 600 range.

LiL"Comet"

Wow same here just walked up to my children's school walked right in voted took about 5 minutes.. I just knew I would be standing line for a while....

I was # 419 to vote at 12:23 normally in past years I vote around 6 pm in the evening, usually around number 200 something.

So today in this little community it will be a big turn out... There was a couple men standing outside probably supposed to be talking to people when they are headed towards the door to vote but they were to busy hen pecking on everything... LOL

Glad its almost over....:annoyed2::whew:

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Re: Conditions of voting .........

Now they got the lawyers involved in New Hampshire but rememeber it's only 99% of the lawyers that give the rest of them a bad name.

705red

Browncafe Steward
I walked in around 815am (had day off) and i was #1441 for the day, they had said that over 800,000 people in IL had voted early and were expecting another 3 million today. Everything was real smooth minus waiting for 15 minutes. i actually found the new electronic voting machines easy to use.

I took my wife back around 1130 and thean took the kids out for lunch, but she was #6636. I am newer to the area and mot to sire how many usual voted.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I went to the courthouse, showed my photo ID, voted, and walked out the door ten minutes later. I did this a month ago, thank goodness for voting early on an absentee ballot.:wink2:

On my area today, the early morning turnout was heavy. But after the morning rush, the lines disappeared.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I was number 22, but my phone book is only like 3 pages. So I dont know how many voters are here. I actually had to wait about 5 minutes. I voted at 710am.

over9five

Staff member

We voted absentee two weeks ago. There's no question that Obama will win here, but there are three interesting ballot questions.

over9five

Staff member

I heard there were two DJs on Boston radio saying that "since voter turnout is so high, Democrats should report to vote tomorrow".

So funny! Anyone who believed that shouldn't be allowed to vote!!!

But anyhow, election officials contacted them, and told them to knock it off!

705red

Browncafe Steward
I was under the impression that we would be voting on the employee free act choice, but it was not on the ballot here. I addressed it with the voting workers and they knew nothing of it, was this on anyone's ballot?

moreluck

golden ticket member

Gee, I was surprised to see this sign........the unions, mostly Democrat, are against the required ID at voting......it causes voter suppression they say.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll

Gee, I was surprised to see this sign........the unions, mostly Democrat, are against the required ID at voting......it causes voter suppression they say.

As usual, you attempt to confuse the issue. THE ID that is required is the persons UNION ID card! Not a drivers license you goof.

Senior moment?

TOS.

moreluck

golden ticket member
As usual, you attempt to confuse the issue. THE ID that is required is the persons UNION ID card! Not a drivers license you goof.

Senior moment?

TOS.
The fact that ANY I.D. is required is my point.....whoosh!!! The left is OK with unions demanding an I.D., but balk at ID to vote I elections.