confederate flag?

Overpaid Union Thug

Racism, no matter where it originates, is BAD for our nations history.

Yesterdays racists are todays progressives for equality. Yesterdays freedom seekers , are todays entitlement hating republicans.

The roles have reversed over the centuries.

The southern confederates didnt use racism out of bigotry, they used it because they believed the BIBLE told them they were ordained to be superior to the colored races.

Much like any other Christian who believes in space camp or any of that other crap contained in the bible.

It isnt that hard to figure out bro.

If it was a part of our "true nature", why then did all the civil rights acts have to come via democratic leadership in washington with republican opposition?

Remember de segregation??

It wasnt the democrats resisting change.

It was the good old boys still clinging on to GOD and GUNS. The two biggest evils on the planet.

TOS.
Awwww..... and there is the mythical "reversal" that you people keep peddling. Keep telling yourselves that. Eventually reality will creep up and snap you all out of your alternate reality of lies.

Sportello

Awwww..... and there is the mythical "reversal" that you people keep peddling. Keep telling yourselves that. Eventually reality will creep up and snap you all out of your alternate reality of lies.
post-8794-1403702267.gif

rod

Retired 22 years
The current US 50 states flag is based on a design summited by a high school student for a class project for which he was given a B-

Sportello

The current US 50 states flag is based on a design summited by a high school student for a class project for which he was given a B-
Heft originally received a B- for the project. After discussing the grade with his high school teacher, Stanley Pratt, it was agreed that if the flag was accepted by the United States Congress, the grade would be reconsidered. Heft's flag design was chosen and adopted by presidential proclamation after Alaska and before Hawaii were admitted into the union in 1959. According to Heft, his teacher honored their agreement and changed his grade to an A for the project.[3]

Plus a derail for you!

rod

Retired 22 years

And here I thought upstate would be the one to jump on me. Yes I know its a derail but I thought it was kind of interesting

Catatonic

Nine Lives
This coming from someone who doesn't accept the real reason for the Civil War.

Read Jone's link: confederate flag?
There are multiple reasons for the Civil War but primarily it was the South's realization that they were under the yoke and eventual control of the Northern States. In the South, it was the foreseeable extension of slavery that had to be preserved. In the North, it was the preservation of the United States and the ability of the National government to control commerce to the detriment of some states, in this case, the Southern states.
It was not until much latter in the war that slavery became a central issue for the Northern states, especially in recruitment after the anti-slavery groups in the North had time to educate and make people aware.
Keep in mind, at this time, the average Joe did not travel more than a 100 miles his his lifetime ... most were simply unaware and indifferent.
Lincoln's personal approach to the slave problem was to ship them all to Haiti ... the Ships of Tears much like the Indians by Jackson. That's why most educated minorities have a jaundiced view of Lincoln and hardly consider him a hero.
In Lincoln's own words, on Aug. 22, 1862, President Lincoln wrote a letter to the New York Tribune that included the following passage: “If I could save the Union without freeing any slave, I would do it; and if I could save it by freeing all the slaves, I would do it; and if I could save it by freeing some and leaving others alone, I would also do that. What I do about slavery and the colored race, I do because I believe it helps to save the Union; and what I forbear, I forbear because I do not believe it would help to save the Union.”

OPTION3

It was the South that seceded and the North had far more casualties. Plenty of bitterness to go around. The South got off light.
150 years of the poorest school systems, the poorest economies, forced centralized federal government reconstructive policies and asking its sons and daughters to fight and die in illegal, unjust, and immoral wars at unproportional rates for the north.......yeah.... a bit heavy handed I'd say. Also, to say the south started the war shows complete ignorance of the subject....they may have fired the first shot...but the north's economic policies leading up to that shot , left the south very little choice ......in fact it's still argued today that those policies were instrumental in provoking it

BrownArmy

150 years of the poorest school systems, the poorest economies, forced centralized federal government reconstructive policies and asking its sons and daughters to fight and die in illegal, unjust, and immoral wars at unproportional rates for the north.......yeah.... a bit heavy handed I'd say. Also, to say the south started the war shows complete ignorance of the subject....they may have fired the first shot...but the north's economic policies leading up to that shot , left the south very little choice ......in fact it's still argued today that those policies were instrumental in provoking it

You get what you pay for?