Contract talks !!!!!! STRIKE !!!!!!

stink219

Stink, do they have any drivers on the national negotiating committee???
Not that I'm aware. They are usually a committee of labor lawyers and executive officers of various locals and the international, some of which are former drivers. This contract was the most extensive in getting information from our work force. We had countless suggestions from drivers with changes they would like to see.

steward30

As to where the $90 calculation is coming from if you break it down full timers will pay $2.25 an hour for a 40 hour week that equals$90 a week. For part timers guaranteed 17.5 hours a week or 3.5 hours a day will pay $5.14 an hour that equals 89.95 a week. This is for the first year and then will increase 10% each year of the contract. by the end of the contract we will be paying over $130.00 a week for insurance. over the life of the contract

steward30

no matter what is offered, vote no.
strike!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

it worked in 97'.

Oops, we did not get to vote on the contract in 97', we gave that right away to the committee.

obama is in office and we know he will back us up, or save us from ourselves.
So, strike now and live with consequences later.

1997 taught me how the game is played.

obama is the cause of this health care issue

steward30

Hahahaha So its Obamas fault? So greedy UPS has nothing to do with it huh?
UPS knows we have three options 1.Get obamacare which is not worth a dang. 2. buy our own insurance which partimers can not afford. 3.Take the $90 a week insurance and live with it. So yes UPS has a lot to do with it as well. IT A MIND GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I believe this is a tactic by UPS to have the union chase this issue, so that all the harassment, 9.5 issues never get resolved. That's how they're profiting so much. Abusing the smaller violations at a larger rate without serious penalties. The 90 dollar insurance is merely a scam to over shadow the other thing. Now if the union caves on then we are screwed.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I know of at least 8 out of our 18 perloaders that said they would quit if that went in to new contract. Thats the only thing keeping ptimers at UPS

Think about it ... maybe UPS (and the Union) want to get rid of P/Timers that work at UPS for the health insurance.

I have no idea but that thought occurred to me.

steward30

Think about it ... maybe UPS (and the Union) want to get rid of P/Timers that work at UPS for the health insurance.

I have no idea but that thought occurred to me.[/Q You may be right there i dont know. where im from the ptimers barely get there 3.5 and have to work a second job to survive.

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
heres the problem ding dongs,, you can save up as much as you want but if we do strike and the Co breaks the union than who cares? I totally agree there should be no hourly concessions,, period.Something i wonder tho,, say the co drops the union,, would the central states be the only co. funded retirement plan?