Understand the company no longer will have to honor the contract

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
For those that intend on working while others are striking please be well aware that the wage you make now the company could tell you what they want to pay you. Remember, if we don’t have a contract, there is nothing that holds their feet to the fire that also goes for your seniority means nothing the driver that is 22 years old and you’re 50 better keep up or you won’t have a job. These are just some of the things we have taken for granted if we worked for UPS for an extended time, we tend to forget how good we have it not only our pay, our benefits, and our retirement. Very scary, regardless of whether or not you hate this company and want to sink it without it very well compared to other people doing the same job so I hope this does not get that far but if it does, this company will be forever changed and it won’t be for the better. Keep that in mind.

You gonna scab?

Johney

For those that intend on working while others are striking please be well aware that the wage you make now the company could tell you what they want to pay you. Remember, if we don’t have a contract, there is nothing that holds their feet to the fire that also goes for your seniority means nothing the driver that is 22 years old and you’re 50 better keep up or you won’t have a job. These are just some of the things we have taken for granted if we worked for UPS for an extended time, we tend to forget how good we have it not only our pay, our benefits, and our retirement. Very scary, regardless of whether or not you hate this company and want to sink it without it very well compared to other people doing the same job so I hope this does not get that far but if it does, this company will be forever changed and it won’t be for the better. Keep that in mind.
Remember that door swings both ways. With no contract they can also offer to pay you $100 an hour to lure people to cross the line to work. Then when it’s over you get nothing.

KearsargeCoop

Baseball, dart board
All of BC is like an out of control wildfire.
One thread starts catching fire and turns into a real mess, then someone damps it down and we think it's under control. Then the fire creeps through the roots and ignites a different thread that gets filled with insults and harsh language.
Entertaining, but not real productive.

MECH-II

🧔‍♂️✊
One thread starts catching fire and turns into a real mess, then someone damps it down and we think it's under control. Then the fire creeps through the roots and ignites a different thread that gets filled with insults and harsh language.
Sounds like UPS
🧔‍♂️✊

Trash Panda

I forget the article but according to the author they said the union and ups are 6 to 8 dollars off on part time pay. Who knows how they would know
Only thing thats been in the media was this back and forth interview. Some misinformation about pt wage behind ft by $5. Then more run arounds in the interview over pay.

Considering both sides are bound to nda clauses. Doubt that gap got reported on. So many rumors and bs going on its hard to keep up.

pay runs from 4-6min mark.

deeztier

poetry (1).gif

Larry Martin

Nothing like waking up to some Saturday morning cartoons on TV and all the doom and gloom here. The last strike was 26 years ago and we are trying to iron out some PT wages now, and are within what...5% or less of all the items?

I believe all the talk of mgmt and new hires training will ease the minds of the customers. Do people think the bldgs will be full of packages of there even is a strike?

For all those who are chanting strike, safe bet you weren't here in 97? You don't want that...believe me. Because if you are somewhat new, you will likely be out of work....be careful what you wish for.

UPS has enough to fulfill this contract. Would be incredibly foolish to hold out.
I have been UPS since 1995 so I was saw how the 1997 strike happened. It only lasted about 2 weeks. UPS capitulated for the most part.

The strike was worth it. Ron Carey was the Teamster boss back then. Sean O’Brien reminds me a lot of Ron Carey.

The inside of the UPS bldgs were a complete disaster aka :censored2: show. UPS bounced back in about one full year. In1998, UPS made record profits that year.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I have been UPS since 1995 so I was saw how the 1997 strike happened. It only lasted about 2 weeks. UPS capitulated for the most part.

The strike was worth it. Ron Carey was the Teamster boss back then. Sean O’Brien reminds me a lot of Ron Carey.

The inside of the UPS bldgs were a complete disaster aka :censored2: show. UPS bounced back in about one full year. In1998, UPS made record profits that year.
Don’t think it will be as neat and clean of a comeback this time around.