Understand the company no longer will have to honor the contract

87brown

For those that intend on working while others are striking please be well aware that the wage you make now the company could tell you what they want to pay you. Remember, if we don’t have a contract, there is nothing that holds their feet to the fire that also goes for your seniority means nothing the driver that is 22 years old and you’re 50 better keep up or you won’t have a job. These are just some of the things we have taken for granted if we worked for UPS for an extended time, we tend to forget how good we have it not only our pay, our benefits, and our retirement. Very scary, regardless of whether or not you hate this company and want to sink it without it very well compared to other people doing the same job so I hope this does not get that far but if it does, this company will be forever changed and it won’t be for the better. Keep that in mind.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
For those that intend on working while others are striking please be well aware that the wage you make now the company could tell you what they want to pay you. Remember, if we don’t have a contract, there is nothing that holds their feet to the fire that also goes for your seniority means nothing the driver that is 22 years old and you’re 50 better keep up or you won’t have a job. These are just some of the things we have taken for granted if we worked for UPS for an extended time, we tend to forget how good we have it not only our pay, our benefits, and our retirement. Very scary, regardless of whether or not you hate this company and want to sink it without it very well compared to other people doing the same job so I hope this does not get that far but if it does, this company will be forever changed and it won’t be for the better. Keep that in mind.
Curious to see what most people feel out there about the upcoming contract for me it's definitely retirement unfortunately being in the central states pension fund the Teamsters let us down and current retirees and pension funds will go belly up in seven years leaving retirees with nothing and those of us getting ready to retire have an a portion of their retirement taking away also I truly believe those retirees will lose out UPS will not give the shortfall with this new upcoming contract that's my personal opinion and that's sad but we must change with the current times keep in mind I know some people will say we are screwing fellow Teamsters but if we really are true Teamsters shouldn't we all be in a pension fund together we all take a little bit of a loss I would be willing to lose 100 or $200 a month for my pension if everybody who was a teamster did and nobody would lose their pension entirely but that will never happen I had said earlier the tiered system the new drivers will never see the current rate of pay that we make and a 401(k) match there will be no more UPS retirement I know some of you may feel as though that is screwing other upcoming UPSers but we must be proactive as the future of this company and not stick our heads in the sand I know everyone feels though UPS makes billions of dollars in which they do but they do it from separate entities please understand that yes the money originally came from UPS but as times have changed the profitability and just package delivery has decreased For UPS understanding that our wages Health and welfare have skyrocketed and other carriers not anywhere as close so yes those changes need to take place in order for us to be competitive and save the current retirement of those already working what might be your thoughts

Just give it up…no one is listening to your (over extended) :bsbullf:

Take any Writing classes in Elementary School…there is such a thing as punctuation and sentence structure….

Last edited:

DOK

I can run circles around a 20 year old, good points though.

Brownsocks

Just a dog
Does that mean I can negotiate for $100 hr and free BudLight?

moldsporh

Nothing like waking up to some Saturday morning cartoons on TV and all the doom and gloom here. The last strike was 26 years ago and we are trying to iron out some PT wages now, and are within what...5% or less of all the items?

I believe all the talk of mgmt and new hires training will ease the minds of the customers. Do people think the bldgs will be full of packages of there even is a strike?

For all those who are chanting strike, safe bet you weren't here in 97? You don't want that...believe me. Because if you are somewhat new, you will likely be out of work....be careful what you wish for.

UPS has enough to fulfill this contract. Would be incredibly foolish to hold out.

Brownsocks

Just a dog
Nothing like waking up to some Saturday morning cartoons on TV and all the doom and gloom here. The last strike was 26 years ago and we are trying to iron out some PT wages now, and are within what...5% or less of all the items?

I believe all the talk of mgmt and new hires training will ease the minds of the customers. Do people think the bldgs will be full of packages of there even is a strike?

For all those who are chanting strike, safe bet you weren't here in 97? You don't want that...believe me. Because if you are somewhat new, you will likely be out of work....be careful what you wish for.

UPS has enough to fulfill this contract. Would be incredibly foolish to hold out.
We have 22.4s working in the building that want to keep 22.4 language because it guarantees them 8hrs and a premium wage. I feel sorry for them. Wrong place wrong time.

moldsporh

We have 22.4s working in the building that want to keep 22.4 language because it guarantees them 8hrs and a premium wage. I feel sorry for them. Wrong place wrong time.

Yeah....we have the work, put all them on-road and also bring up the PT workers who want to go into delivery.

The 22.4 was a trainwreck idea from the start.

TheOCbaby

Wow! The mother of all run on sentences.

34yearpackagehumper

Sometimes you just have to take a stand and let the chips fall where they may . On another note ! Were you in a hurry when you typed this ? If not you type the longest sentences . Don't take it to heart ,I'm just having a little fun with you .

vvv

I was here.....I want to STRIKE!!!!

Family

I can run circles around a 20 year old, good points though.
Hi step no power steering and no phone GPS, but same production. Add in sheeting on paper with a minimum amount of sheeting errors allowed, I think the old timers could handle it today.

I GOT ONE MORE

Excellent red herrings.
Let’s pick on the guys writing skills instead of letting in his message.
You (yes, you) and the Union are seriously screwed if a strike happens and lasts longer than two weeks.
4 weeks, Union is gone.

You may chant strike and just get what you’ve been asking for.