Corporate Recklessness

browned out

May have allready been overkill. but some people are a little slow maybe the tie is cutting of circulation to chamber where peanut is held. The morning the Deepwater Horizon oil rig exploded, a BP executive and a Transocean official argued over how to proceed with the drilling, rig survivors told CNN's Anderson Cooper in an exclusive interview. The survivors' account paints perhaps the most detailed picture yet of what happened on the deepwater rig -- and the possible causes of the April 20 explosion.
The BP official wanted workers to replace heavy mud, used to keep the well's pressure down, with lighter seawater to help speed a process that was costing an estimated $750,000 a day and was already running five weeks late, rig survivors told CNN.
BP won the argument, said Doug Brown, the rig's chief mechanic. "He basically said, 'Well, this is how it's gonna be.' "
"That's what the big argument was about," added Daniel Barron III.
Shortly after the exchange, chief driller Dewey Revette expressed concern and opposition too, the workers said, and on the drilling floor, they chatted among themselves.
"I don't ever remember doing this," they said, according to Barron.
"I think that's why Dewey was so reluctant to try to do it," Barron said, "because he didn't feel it was the right way to have things done.

Revette was among the 11 workers killed when the rig exploded that night.
In the CNN interviews, the workers described a corporate culture of cutting staff and ignoring warning signs ahead of the blast. They said BP routinely cut corners and pushed ahead despite concerns about safety.

DS

Fenderbender
I know ups is a huge company, but I doubt if we will ever destroy part of the earth by delivering boxes.
Then again for all I know ups owns BP.It's all about $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
The Canadian government is guaranteeing a 50$ million dollar loan to open an old asbestos mine in Asbestos Quebec
to A)create jobs B)to sell asbestos overseas even though it will kill people.