Corporations / Citizens

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
they did the right thing. if your faith wasnt so weak, you coulda been there too. you and jeremy scahill have 2 very different reports on what the issues were that day.

protesting and getting organized will make trump afraid and then force him into playing his hand. for examples of this see the civil rights, new deal, womens rights, etc.

or we could follow your advice and do nothing and let corporations and lobbyists control the government and suck the country dry for all its worth...
So what rights do they not have or are they having threatened by Trump, corporations, and lobbyists because they are women?

JL 0513

I don't care how much they cost you, you made the choice.

Children cost the government a ton of money and we give people tax breaks to have them. Doesn't make sense.

This is whole other debate.

It's not the government's money in the first place. A tax credit is simply the government confiscating less of what you earn. Gotta get this understanding correct first.

I can understand your argument on some levels. There are many tax credits to argue about. Should wealthy people get tax credits for buying $100,000 Tesla's? Absolutely not, but they do/did.

My point goes back to why are women marching in the streets?

JL 0513

Upstate, killing future woman are women's rights?

Rights: Life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. Rights cannot be created by government, only protected. Actual rights are far fewer than the casual collection of things talked about today. For example, a right can't cost money.

JL 0513

For every liberal cause there is. It's a big liberal's march but with women. The reason the turnout was so big is because trump was just elected and he's so disrespectful to women.

It's not disrespect to women. He does the same thing to men in case no one noticed. He judges people on merit for better or worse. Not political correctness.

rickyb

Are they protesting Trump's proposal for mandatory 6 weeks paid maternity leave and increased child tax credits? Are they mad that Trump put more women in leading roles in his businesses than most others? What rights is Trump taking away from women?
i have no idea, but i think thats very much worth protesting. both trumps and clintons maternity leave proposal puts america way out of line with the rest of the developed world. the average of the rest of the world is 50 weeks or so.

this is another example of free market failure in america because what the market offers is inadequate for most workers needs.

rickyb

So what rights do they not have or are they having threatened by Trump, corporations, and lobbyists because they are women?
well the economy will continue to go down the drain more or less. these corporations arent behaving rationally; they will continue to suck all the wealth from the earth and put the species at risk of extinction. we can guess trump will treaten us with nuclear war, as did previous administrations. so while these are not unique to women, some of it will affect them differently than it would a man.

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
i have no idea, but i think thats very much worth protesting. both trumps and clintons maternity leave proposal puts america way out of line with the rest of the developed world. the average of the rest of the world is 50 weeks or so.
Neither is enough time to actually raise a kid so if raising children is your goal then why enter the workforce in the first place and vice versa?

JL 0513

4,000,000 babies are born each year in the US. 4,000,000 x 50 weeks is a lot of freaking money for no produced labor.