Covid and childcare

542thruNthru

One of the provisions was coverage for the member if he/she had to stay home because their kid(s) school and/or daycare was closed as a result of the virus.

Do you have a different MOU then me or am I missing something?
FullSizeR(1).jpg

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Talk to you immediate manager and tell him/her what is going on. He/she can then put you in for personal/sick time for the rest of this week and your 3 weeks of vacation. That should get you through to when things start to open back up. Yes, using all of your personal time would suck, but you would not qualify for unemployment if you quit your job.

542thruNthru

Hello, call your local union office. They might not be there. So get online. Ask them what your options are.

Very few mom's post here because they'll get swamped with snide remarks. You sound like a mom out working & trying. You should be able to get some help somewhere. Dept of Health & Welfare could help too. I hear exactly what you're saying about not wanting handouts. That's the right attitude. However, it is there for people just like you and your situation. Nobody should feel guilty or ashamed of using the D of H&W when it's totally legitimate.

Summary; call/e-mail your local

and/or

Contact Dept. Health & Welfare.

Sounds like a dad to me...

Makiveli

Talk to you immediate manager and tell him/her what is going on. He/she can then put you in for personal/sick time for the rest of this week and your 3 weeks of vacation. That should get you through to when things start to open back up. Yes, using all of your personal time would suck, but you would not qualify for unemployment if you quit your job.
I wouldn’t regardless because I have another job. Also I’m against food stamps, unemployment, and free health care. The only reason I took this job was the insurance. That’s what I’m hoping that 3 weeks is long enough for this to subside. I don’t understand why we just don’t quarantine the old and the sick. This is :censored2:ing up normal people’s lives more than people getting Social Security sitting at home. I do my part and make sure my daughters grandmother doesn’t have to go to the store for groceries or leave the house period. It’s crazy when I see all these oldies chilling in public when their kids should be doing it for them.

hell im already not going to get social Security when I’m their age and I doubt ups pension will even exist.

Ya I’m a dad lol

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Hello this is my first time posting. I can’t find the answer to my question but basically I work preload 430 to 9 AM. My daughters Child care informed me that she could no longer watch her until further notice due to the current situation.

I want to know if ups will use absences against me and if my Insurance will still be valid since I have to watch my daughter? I know they said if you need to take care of a sick family member it wouldn’t be used against you I believe.

it’s already stressful waking her up early to bring her to her grandmothers but I’ve made it work for five years. I rarely call out And have done pre-load for five years.
You need a avatar?
43825.jpg

Makiveli

I just saw someone else has the same name with an A. I wonder if he’s referring to “The Prince” by Niccolò Machiavelli. You got it tho! 7 Day Theory by pac is one of my all time favorites. God why did they kill that man, he was so smart and would of been a kickass prez. A true humanitarian with a militant mindset. Kind of the balance this country needs right now. We got the next best thing now tho! Trump 2020

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I just saw someone else has the same name with an A. I wonder if he’s referring to “The Prince” by Niccolò Machiavelli. You got it tho! 7 Day Theory by pac is one of my all time favorites. God why did they kill that man, he was so smart and would of been a kickass prez. A true humanitarian with a militant mindset. Kind of the balance this country needs right now. We got the next best thing now tho! Trump 2020

@MAKAVELI WTH is going on here

You trying to run some kind of scam or what