Coyote logistics purchase already eliminating teamster jobs

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
And where in any part of the CBA is that allowed?

Most supplements allow for a temporary change lasting 30 days or less. The affected drivers can bump the least senior feeder drivers until the run is put back in.

And here I thought the CBA was in effect all 12 months of the year, not suspended during peak.

It is. UPS can implement a temporary change anytime they want, per the contract, lasting up to 30 days.

Billy broker gets the sleeper pay day and our seniority driver gets 8 hours? If any displaced driver gets one minute less than they would have earned on THEIR BID RUN, someone should be in jail for theft.

I agree that it sucks and that it should not happen. Problem is, per the contract, UPS can do this.

The sleeper guys/girls stand to lose a lot of money for 4 weeks. But, per Article 43, sleeper drivers are only guaranteed 40 hours per week.

UPS found a way to keep the contractors around, giving them 4 straight weeks of work, without having to pay them more.

They could not find enough contractors willing to work just a few days a week here and there. They all would not have enough work. Now they do, and no, I do not agree with how they are doing it, but I also don't agree with many other things in the contract.

By The Book

Most supplements allow for a temporary change lasting 30 days or less. The affected drivers can bump the least senior feeder drivers until the run is put back in.

It is. UPS can implement a temporary change anytime they want, per the contract, lasting up to 30 days.

I agree that it sucks and that it should not happen. Problem is, per the contract, UPS can do this.

The sleeper guys/girls stand to lose a lot of money for 4 weeks. But, per Article 43, sleeper drivers are only guaranteed 40 hours per week.

UPS found a way to keep the contractors around, giving them 4 straight weeks of work, without having to pay them more.

They could not find enough contractors willing to work just a few days a week here and there. They all would not have enough work. Now they do, and no, I do not agree with how they are doing it, but I also don't agree with many other things in the contract.
The lengths this company will go to make sure the subcontractors are taken care of. Makes you feel like the runt of the litter.

Inthegame

No language allows this in NM Art 43. It appears you're referencing CRT Art 3 Sec 13, which covers actual elimination of work, not transfering work to another entity (broker), which also violates NM Art 3 Secs 4 & 7. And therein lies the compounding problem. The run never dried up, it's just being done by someone else. Therefore they don't have bumping rights as bumping can only occur if the run is gone. This will produce layers of affected drivers all eligible to grieve for any reduction in pay. This was a massive failure to understand language by people who should know better. Very disappointing.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
No language allows this in NM Art 43. It appears you're referencing CRT Art 3 Sec 13, which covers actual elimination of work, not transfering work to another entity (broker), which also violates NM Art 3 Secs 4 & 7. And therein lies the compounding problem. The run never dried up, it's just being done by someone else. Therefore they don't have bumping rights as bumping can only occur if the run is gone. This will produce layers of affected drivers all eligible to grieve for any reduction in pay. This was a massive failure to understand language by people who should know better. Very disappointing.

You must be misunderstanding the contract.

Article 3 Section 13

If the job of a feeder driver or tractor-trailer driver is temporarily eliminated, lasting less than thirty (30) days, said driver shall displace the least senior tractor-trailer driver in his/her center until
his/her job or start time returns, or until it is determined to be a permanent elimination more than thirty (30) days.

This clause does not say why the job is eliminated. It does not say that the run has to "dry up."

This clause only says that if the job is eliminated, the affected employee has bumping rights. UPS eliminated the job. Gray area? Yes. Do you really think James H will do anything about it?

And UPS can use contractors during peak.

Yes, it sucks to eliminate a job for less than 30 days and use a contractor to run the loads. But contractually, they can do this during peak, and only during peak.

If Article 3 Section 4 of the NMUPSA applied during peak, UPS could not use contractors at all.

That ain't gonna happen.

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...

Where we are, if UPS is using contractors, and you have hours available, you can have them give you work up to your 60 hours. If not, you can file on it, and win. Here, management will just give you rail turns and pickups to fill your time. But it is up to the driver to force the issue.

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...

Our sleeper guys that lost their runs bumped into other jobs.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Where we are, if UPS is using contractors, and you have hours available, you can have them give you work up to your 60 hours. If not, you can file on it, and win. Here, management will just give you rail turns and pickups to fill your time. But it is up to the driver to force the issue.

I like that. We need to get that everywhere.

Here though, we are just guaranteed 8 hours, whether contractors are running or not, nothing more.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Our sleeper guys that lost their runs bumped into other jobs.
What will happen to all of these sleeper runs after christmas???what can these coyotes do better than our own people??? What is the purpose of using these critters on our sleeper runs???

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Is this in the western conference????