Crazy things they've made us do..

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
The VT engine is the diesel V8 that appears in International P1, P7, P12 and 24 footers from about 2004 to 2006. AKA the 6.0 Powerstroke. The 444e is the diesel V8 in International P7, P1, P12 and 24 footers from about 1996 to 2001. AKA the 7.3 Powerstroke.
I drive a 2006 Freightliner P700 665-series car with a Mercedes 4 cyl. diesel. Do you work on any of these? Mine has 220K on it and still runs like a top.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
I drive a 2006 Freightliner P700 665-series car with a Mercedes 4 cyl. diesel. Do you work on any of these? Mine has 220K on it and still runs like a top.
I have quite a few of those in my fleet. Those aren't exactly trouble free, but they are like anvils by comparison. ECUs, injectors/lines, EGR valves/coolers are a few sore spots

Mr.Golden

That's what they are going for. Who needs area knowledge right? Just hire them off the street and put their butts in a seat.

We call it a "warm body" how degrading...

(Edit) I guess when these drones come out we can call them "electric body".....nah but it would be funny if you get a msg in your diad saying go help out this drone with 15 stops before it violate d.o.t.

Last edited:

iowa boy

We have a 668 series in our fleet with 379k on it and its still on the original motor and tranny. Granted the motor is 'tired', but it still runs and goes out every day on a route.

Here's a little trick that has helped and worked well for me.
Orion has you delivering a few house calls during your air run. When u get to your first stop that doesn't fit, scan and prerecord it,then deliver on trace later. just don't forget about it.

soberups

Here's a little trick that has helped and worked well for me.
Orion has you delivering a few house calls during your air run. When u get to your first stop that doesn't fit, scan and prerecord it,then deliver on trace later. just don't forget about it.

I once suggested to my management team that the solution to ORION non-compliance would be for drivers to run the route according to common sense and put all stops in prerecord.

Upon return to the building, UPS could then have a team of clerks take the DIADs and complete the stops in whatever order was needed to generate the desired compliance metric. It would be a win/win; the drivers could get the work done in the real world, free of harassment, while UPS could manufacture whatever compliance metrics they needed in order to look good on their report.

My management team didnt appreciate my suggestion very much.

soberups

I once suggested to my management team that they post a large "wheel of fortune"-type sign on an easel next to the center, with the wheel divided into segments denoting various Flavors Of The Week such as ORION compliance, SPORH, overallowed hours, over 9.5 days, pickup compliance, etc. A pointer on the Wheel could be used to indicate which Flavor was currently being pursued, which would help each driver determine which irrelevant hoop he should devote the most effort into jumping through on any given day. Time-consuming lectures at the PCM could be replaced by a clerk spinning the Wheel in front of the assembled work group prior to leaving the building, which would free up the center team for much more important tasks such as printing out reports and ordering additional paper and ink cartridges.

My management team didn't appreciate my suggestion very much.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
I once suggested to my management team that the solution to ORION non-compliance would be for drivers to run the route according to common sense and put all stops in prerecord.

Upon return to the building, UPS could then have a team of clerks take the DIADs and complete the stops in whatever order was needed to generate the desired compliance metric. It would be a win/win; the drivers could get the work done in the real world, free of harassment, while UPS could manufacture whatever compliance metrics they needed in order to look good on their report.

My management team didnt appreciate my suggestion very much.
I had a similar reaction when I sent in a PSR that mentioned keyless removal as a problem solution.