Creme Rinse

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I have always wondered how they come up with "new and improved" and "better tasting" dog and cat food. My animals always turn their noses up to it.

moreluck

golden ticket member
New & Improved is an attraction tag line. It means what you have been buying is old and disgusting.

The tricks started way back when we used to buy a big box of powdered laundry soap (with the handle so you could carry it).

Then they made the box lots smaller, raised the price and told us the contents were concentrated so we could use less of it. This has gone on for years.

The manufacturers really got me angry when they made a half gallon of ice cream, not a half gallon and charged the same or more for it.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Brylcreem-new-n-old.jpg

satellitedriver

I have always wondered how they come up with "new and improved" and "better tasting" dog and cat food. My animals always turn their noses up to it.
Ask yourself this question.
What do dogs and cats love to lick, on a daily basis?
Here is my a million dollar idea.
Ass flavored pet food.
The chemists that can develop that flavor will capture the market.
Crude as my thoughts are, you know I am right.

satellitedriver

When did creme rinse change to conditioner?

It never did.
They are two separate products.
Marketing changed the concept in the 70's
A cream rinse was simply a "detangler".
Hair conditioner is a complex, and varied, formula that uses many ingredients that "bond" to the hair shaft.
Rain water was the first hair conditioner.
If memory serves me correctly, the ionic charge of rain water is positive and hair has a negative charge and the results gave hair a shine.
My memory may be faulty.

menotyou

bella amicizia

It never did.
They are two separate products.
Marketing changed the concept in the 70's
A cream rinse was simply a "detangler".
Hair conditioner is a complex, and varied, formula that uses many ingredients that "bond" to the hair shaft.
Rain water was the first hair conditioner.
If memory serves me correctly, the ionic charge of rain water is positive and hair has a negative charge and the results gave hair a shine.
My memory may be faulty.

I am amazed at your knowledge. Seriously. I believe you are correct about the rainwater. too.
The smartass in me had a hard time holding back, ya know.:winks:

moreluck

golden ticket member
When I used to see those Brylcreem ads, I never could understand the one line of their song.......speaking of the girls, "they love to get their fingers in your hair".

Who would want a pomade all over their fingers?? Might as well stick your fingers in Crisco. Ewwww!!

over9five

Staff member
When I used to see those Brylcreem ads, I never could understand the one line of their song.......speaking of the girls, "they love to get their fingers in your hair".

Who would want a pomade all over their fingers?? Might as well stick your fingers in Crisco. Ewwww!!

That right there is funny, I don't care who you are!

satellitedriver

Butch Wax was even worse to get off your hands, but your flat top looked great.
If your were really manly you used Wild Root.
images