1.2 MB · Views: 31
  • IMG_0579.jpeg
    IMG_0579.jpeg
    347.5 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_0580.png
    IMG_0580.png
    660.3 KB · Views: 32

Maggot87

I'm reading some of it, for the hell of it. Mechanics going from 24 month to 12 month progression? But we have to do 4 years.....progression way too long ha

Redtag

Part on order, ok to drive
I'm reading some of it, for the hell of it. Mechanics going from 24 month to 12 month progression? But we have to do 4 years.....progression way too long ha

The reason they keep dropping the progression for mechanics is the company is having a hard time attracting mechanics.. There is a lot of demand for techs and a decent one can make high 30s low 40s working during the daytime mon-fri. Nobody wants to work in our dumps in the middle of the night for the same money they can make at a regular shop

Mr.Blonde

Only way outs inna box
The reason they keep dropping the progression for mechanics is the company is having a hard time attracting mechanics.. There is a lot of demand for techs and a decent one can make high 30s low 40s working during the daytime mon-fri. Nobody wants to work in our dumps in the middle of the night for the same money they can make at a regular shop
And if they provided you guys more than 8hrs it would be more attractive. Nothing supernatural going on there. They are cheap when it comes to mechanics as well as to the safety and integrity of the package car.

Redtag

And if they provided you guys more than 8hrs it would be more attractive. Nothing supernatural going on there. They are cheap when it comes to mechanics as well as to the safety and integrity of the package car.

It's not a bad job if you are ok with 40 hours a week and if you don't mind everyone thinking you suck.. there is no way to make these things nice with how many cars they want you to service, and everything is your fault. In my hub several decent guys quit over it... they just couldn't take the stupid.

Mr.Blonde

Only way outs inna box
It's not a bad job if you are ok with 40 hours a week and if you don't mind everyone thinking you suck.. there is no way to make these things nice with how many cars they want you to service, and everything is your fault. In my hub several decent guys quit over it... they just couldn't take the stupid.
I bet, I wish I could stand around drinking coffee and gossiping with drivers 40hrs a week. Lol jk but that was one mechanic we had but he gon now. We ended up gettin this country boy and was a total stud at his job. It was refreshing but nothing gold can stay, he was stolen by our neighboring center. Sidebar have you been receiving a lot of recapped tires?

Redtag

I bet, I wish I could stand around drinking coffee and gossiping with drivers 40hrs a week. Lol jk but that was one mechanic we had but he gon now. We ended up gettin this country boy and was a total stud at his job. It was refreshing but nothing gold can stay, he was stolen by our neighboring center. Sidebar have you been receiving a lot of recapped tires?

Well, that's on management, if he was doing nothing but talking for 40 hours a week I am sure he was on video stealing time

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Why are people like that. The man pays you a wage to do what he asks you to do. Your job is to do it no matter how stupid it is as long it’s not unsafe,illegal or immoral
Just turn your brain off makes life at ups almost bearable

Mr.Blonde

Only way outs inna box
Why are people like that. The man pays you a wage to do what he asks you to do. Your job is to do it no matter how stupid it is as long it’s not unsafe,illegal or immoral
Just turn your brain off makes life at ups almost bearable
Entitlement? Sometimes I think lthats what it adds up to be. Other times I think its just lack of discipline, Or even both

TheBrownNote

Good thing I wore my brown pants
Im tired of more penalty pay for 9.5s or 8hr requests.
No forced overtime period. 8hs, period.
My family deserves their father.

In before.... this job has never been a 9-5 job.

I ring every door bell past 6pm, for all deliveries, regardlss if the "baby is asleep". At least you're home with your families to complain about that door bell.

If im out past 7pm, its the full audible ups at each stop. Honk the Horn, YELL Ups, and ring that bell and give a quick knock.

Once its sundown, the flashlights come on and ill shine them anywhere i feel, to protect my safety.

I will puposefully follow every method for making customer contact, and WHEN the customer is mad, i simply appologize, say im following company policy, and to call and complain if the have any issues.

End forced overtime.