Current TA

Im tired of more penalty pay for 9.5s or 8hr requests.
No forced overtime period. 8hs, period.
My family deserves their father.

In before.... this job has never been a 9-5 job.

I ring every door bell past 6pm, for all deliveries, regardlss if the "baby is asleep". At least you're home with your families to complain about that door bell.

If im out past 7pm, its the full audible ups at each stop. Honk the Horn, YELL Ups, and ring that bell and give a quick knock.

Once its sundown, the flashlights come on and ill shine them anywhere i feel, to protect my safety.

I will puposefully follow every method for making customer contact, and WHEN the customer is mad, i simply appologize, say im following company policy, and to call and complain if the have any issues.

End forced overtime.
This isn't a 9:00 to 5:00 job we all know that when we signed up for it.
With that being said people don't need to be working 10, 11, 12 hours a day

johnnyunion

the grandpalooza of all you losers
I'm reading some of it, for the hell of it. Mechanics going from 24 month to 12 month progression? But we have to do 4 years.....progression way too long ha
I’m gonna say that when the mechanics come in, they already have some experience under their belts and certifications where a new driver can have very little experience.

Not saying it’s right but there is a difference between a newbie driver and a “newbie” mechanic

Thebrownblob

Assuming we get this contract signed before the deadline. Overtime is not ending.. your compensation, and the rules around overtime might. If that does not work for you, you should find other work.

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
Why are people like that. The man pays you a wage to do what he asks you to do. Your job is to do it no matter how stupid it is as long it’s not unsafe,illegal or immoral
Because it's :censored2:ty and unfulfilling to many. Probably 95% of what I do is based on my own decisions and expertise and I am constantly consulted for my own advisories and suggestions from colleagues and management alike. I could never go back to the WAD way of life.

Thebrownblob

Because it's :censored2:ty and unfulfilling to many. Probably 95% of what I do is based on my own decisions and expertise and I am constantly consulted for my own advisories and suggestions from colleagues and management alike. I could never go back to the WAD way of life.
Totally understand that, but my philosophy is a little different. I enjoy WAD because usually it means complete failure for them and then eventually they want my input, or at least understand what they’re going to get if they don’t get my input.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
Totally understand that, but my philosophy is a little different. I enjoy WAD because usually it means complete failure for them and then eventually they want my input, or at least understand what they’re going to get if they don’t get my input.
Wrong

TheBrownNote

Good thing I wore my brown pants
Yeah, i get it, as Mech says, if we started at 8am, would 9.5 actually be an issue?

If we started at 8, id give them 9.5 a day, no complaints, yes of course with OT. I don't like 4-10s.

I’m gonna say that when the mechanics come in, they already have some experience under their belts and certifications where a new driver can have very little experience.

Not saying it’s right but there is a difference between a newbie driver and a “newbie” mechanic
And don't forget a few thousand Dollars in tools. A lot of mechanics take side jobs on their off hours.

TheBrownNote

Good thing I wore my brown pants

I ring every door bell past 6pm, for all deliveries, regardlss if the "baby is asleep". At least you're home with your families to complain about that door bell.

If im out past 7pm, its the full audible ups at each stop. Honk the Horn, YELL Ups, and ring that bell and give a quick knock.

Once its sundown, the flashlights come on and ill shine them anywhere i feel, to protect my safety.

I will puposefully follow every method for making customer contact, and WHEN the customer is mad, i simply appologize, say im following company policy, and to call and complain if the have any issues.

End forced overtime.

Also, although, im coming off as the internet tough guy, im in the woods, and those visibility methods actual help me from not being shot by a good ol boy. Or surprised by ananimal. And i would never be malicous with the customers.
But what fun is there if you cant have a little vitriol during contract season, on a 20+ year old message board.

Brown Down

this is why i felt the bring back the truck after 9.5 and 8 hours hours was a solid proposal. It keeps the company honest on dispatches and honestly how many drivers would bring back 1 or 2 stops. Like you said its the 10 11 and 12 hour days that are absurd and a complete abuse by the company and they've shown paying grievances isn't stopping it. I don't think more money will solve it either as it really is cheaper to work us way over even with grievance money added in.

UPSER1987

End forced overtime.
Takes a job knowing it’s not 9-5 then bitches and whines about job because it’s not 9-5. Another tissue soft upser.

this is why i felt the bring back the truck after 9.5 and 8 hours hours was a solid proposal. It keeps the company honest on dispatches and honestly how many drivers would bring back 1 or 2 stops. Like you said its the 10 11 and 12 hour days that are absurd and a complete abuse by the company and they've shown paying grievances isn't stopping it. I don't think more money will solve it either as it really is cheaper to work us way over even with grievance money added in.
Too many variables to plan for an 8-hour day on a regular basis.

Does the freight get here on time? You got a phallic or in the weather and traffic

Thebrownblob

We can already bring back truck in 8 at my local.

Brown Down

Too many variables to plan for an 8-hour day on a regular basis.

Does the freight get here on time? You got a phallic or in the weather and traffic
i was meaning on an 8 hour request not a regular basis. And if we are being honest both my points could have been fixed by utilizing 22.4s the correct way. part inside and part putting out any fires that might have occured either during dispatch ie bulk stops, heavy air, etc, or evening getting 9.5 people under as well as 8 hour requests honored. But the company REALLY screwed that up with loopholes.

UPSmechanicinblue

I'm reading some of it, for the hell of it. Mechanics going from 24 month to 12 month progression? But we have to do 4 years.....progression way too long ha
its been that way here in Michigan I think this entire contract or was changed early during- they where unable to retain or hire mechanics