Customer concern

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Seems to me the issue lies between the boater and marina. Upstate clearly attempted delivery. Marina clearly refused delivery. Any more attempts would be stealing company time. If the boater had time to call in a concern, then they could have cleared delivery with the marina. How would you guys sheet this package without falsifying records? You can't dr to marina then have one package ni1. You can't put in as a second stop. Say the marina accepted the package, and boater says they never received it? The marina has their policy as does ups for a reason.

NSP the marina has no right to refuse this package only the customer that ordered it does. This really isn't that hard.

Seems to me the issue lies between the boater and marina. Upstate clearly attempted delivery. Marina clearly refused delivery.

Refused to sign. Same as a apartment sup refusing to sign. The customer wants the box and should be given a chance to take care of the approval from the marina. Put the phone number on the box and let the clerk earn their check.
Any more attempts would be stealing company time.

We're paid for three. If the driver goes to the address and does not falsify anything your concepts of dishonest are unwarranted.

If the boater had time to call in a concern, then they could have cleared delivery with the marina.
Absolutely. They need to accept personal responsibility on this. However they could be justified in the packages refusal before three attempts or they being allowed to correct the problem with the marina within three delivery days.

How would you guys sheet this package without falsifying records?
NI1 (marina refuses to sign)

You can't dr to marina then have one package ni1.
The marina is a business, no dr's. Each boater can be considered the same as an apartment, no dr's.

You can't put in as a second stop.
Sure you can. Marina, stop 1. If an attempt was made at the customers boat (apt) , stop 2 NI1.

Say the marina accepted the package, and boater says they never received it?
The marina would have to sign for it. If they don't give it to the boater it's on them.

The marina has their policy as does ups for a reason.
The marina is within their rights to refuse to sign for a boaters package without approval. They ,imo, can not refuse it. Upstate can leave it on the truck as he delivers the marinas boxes and if approval was not received a second or third day then it's rts'd. Or Upstate can put the marinas number on the box and let the clerk have it. Either way we, a SERVICE company, should make an attempt at such. Or let FedEx do it when we no longer get the business.

Didn't they have a chance when they ordered the package? This happened to me last month. Package addressed to marina. Boater called ups,oms contacted me, I called customer to arrange delivery. Marina was never involved.

They did. But we are to make 3 attempts. Consider the boat an apartment. Instead of 123 st, apt 1 it's 123 marina dr, slip 1. It is treated the same as an apartment office to sign for a renter. It's not theirs to refuse only to refuse to sign.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
The address the consignee used is the address for the marina. They are using the address without permission from the marina. The marina receives other packages as well, which they accept, but when I walk in with packages for the boaters I am told by the marina that they will not accept delivery unless the boater receives prior approval, which is rarely or ever given. I am not allowed nor am I about to go down to the dock, walk out to their slip number and attempt delivery there. This is a refusal and unless the consignee arranges for a SDWC the pkg is then RTS'd. I am simply following the policy of the customer which is no delivery of personal packages without prior approval. Now, if I had walked in and they said that this particular customer had asked for and received prior approval they I would have had no problem delivering the package. I would much rather get rid of them than to have to bring them back.

The boaters are more than welcome to set up an account at the UPS Store or Mail Boxes Etc for the summer and have their mail and packages sent there. They can even have them sent to us and have them held at the center.

I have to agree with Dave here. The customers are using an unauthorized address. The marina has every right to refuse a package they did not order. RTS!

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
If an apartment complex office refused to take a package because it wa actually to a tenant and not the office but said tenant forgot to put the apt number on it does that mean the office can refuse it? No!!!! It just means all the necessary information was not there to make the delivery on the first attempt. I realize this probably happens a lot at this place and is very annoying. However the only person with the right to refuse a delivery is the individual whose name is on it.
In this case, if I don't know the apt number I ether ask the office for the apt number or it goes back to the center for the apt number. Apples and oranges.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Seems to me the issue lies between the boater and marina. Upstate clearly attempted delivery. Marina clearly refused delivery. Any more attempts would be stealing company time. If the boater had time to call in a concern, then they could have cleared delivery with the marina. How would you guys sheet this package without falsifying records? You can't dr to marina then have one package ni1. You can't put in as a second stop. Say the marina accepted the package, and boater says they never received it? The marina has their policy as does ups for a reason.
To add - The marina has a clearly stated, posted policy. If the customer refuses to comply with that policy then that is the customers fault.

I have to agree with Dave here. The customers are using an unauthorized address. The marina has every right to refuse a package they did not order. RTS!

It's not an unauthorized address for this box any more than the boater using the address to call in a pizza order. They are renting a slip, the same as renting an apt. The marina can refuse to sign. BUT if the consignee was at his boat then they should A) call down to the boat and tell the schmuck to run up and get his box, B) take a delivery notice and slap it on the boaters door, C) any other scenario of giving the boater an attempt at getting his box. Or maybe the driver, at least how we drivers used to, make three attempts or let the clerk make an attempt.

Refuse to SIGN, absolutely. RTS, absolutely not. It's not theirs to refuse.

CAFAL

NSP the marina has no right to refuse this package only the customer that ordered it does. This really isn't that hard.

It really isn't that hard. Refused,nsp, it's going to the clerk anyway. The customer will then still have to either pick it up or deal with the marina. Cut and dry. They used an address that wasn't theirs without permission. Any of you guys keeping package for three attempts risk damage and are not following policy

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
It's not an unauthorized address for this box any more than the boater using the address to call in a pizza order. They are renting a slip, the same as renting an apt. The marina can refuse to sign. BUT if the consignee was at his boat then they should A) call down to the boat and tell the schmuck to run up and get his box, B) take a delivery notice and slap it on the boaters door, C) any other scenario of giving the boater an attempt at getting his box. Or maybe the driver, at least how we drivers used to, make three attempts or let the clerk make an attempt.

Refuse to SIGN, absolutely. RTS, absolutely not. It's not theirs to refuse.
​Refused - didn't order. It's their address, they can handle it any way they want.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
I would have done the exact same thing that upstate did. Package is addressed to a business, business refuses to sign for it and says we don't accept packages for that person, back it goes. I'm pretty customer oriented but this is a no brainer.

CAFAL

It's obvious that upstate did exactly what he was supposed to do. His center manager obviously agreed with everything he did. He followed policy and worked as directed. Great job upstate

attachment.php

Posted policy, yes. Outside their rights with the package, yes. Their sign should say "will refuse to sign". I can tell you if I was renting a slip and I was out when a box showed up and it was refused I'd be up the marina employee's ass as well as the drivers if it was refused. If the marina guy wanted to toss the delivery notice at me and say " I ain't signing for this, :censored2:" that's within his right. I'll make arrangements. But to refuse something that's not his to do so is another story.
Did anyone consider that the boater had no idea the package was coming? GrandMa sends packages to boaters as well as apartment renters too. So now the marina and the driver are going to send it back without the boater being given a chance to make any arrangements? Yea, I'd probably call in a concern too. In that case I'd bet they tell Upstate to make three attempts.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
attachment.php

Posted policy, yes. Outside their rights with the package, yes. Their sign should say "will refuse to sign". I can tell you if I was renting a slip and I was out when a box showed up and it was refused I'd be up the marina employee's ass as well as the drivers if it was refused. If the marina guy wanted to toss the delivery notice at me and say " I ain't signing for this, :censored2:" that's within his right. I'll make arrangements. But to refuse something that's not his to do so is another story.
Did anyone consider that the boater had no idea the package was coming? GrandMa sends packages to boaters as well as apartment renters too. So now the marina and the driver are going to send it back without the boater being given a chance to make any arrangements? Yea, I'd probably call in a concern too. In that case I'd bet they tell Upstate to make three attempts.

Cach, are you saying that you would clearly ignore the sign and expect the marina to accept a package without talking to the marina personnel? You do have a point with grandma sending packages. Only Dave can answer that one.

​Refused - didn't order. It's their address, they can handle it any way they want.

Why should the marina be required to make exceptions for one Canadian that can't follow TOS?

Think of it as a really wet apartment building. How many address' does it have? 123 Marina dr, slip 1, slip 2, slip3 ,etc. Just a thought, does the post office deliver mail to the marina that might be addressed to a boater? Do they toss it in a bin for the boater renting their slip or do they refuse that too?

over9five

Staff member
I'm pretty customer oriented but this is a no brainer.
Apparently, you're not. You've not only p/o'd the boater, you've also p/o'd our shipper who has paid for 3 attempts.
What if the shipper emailed the customer that day that the package was arriving? He could have arranged for the office to accept it on the second attempt.
It's a no brainer that we're here (used to be, anyhow...) to provide customer service. God, I hope things haven't changed that much since I left Package.

UPSGUY72

attachment.php

Does the boater know the marina policy is the question ??? He has a slip I'm sure he does.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Think of it as a really wet apartment building. How many address' does it have? 123 Marina dr, slip 1, slip 2, slip3 ,etc. Just a thought, does the post office deliver mail to the marina that might be addressed to a boater? Do they toss it in a bin for the boater renting their slip or do they refuse that too?

Where is your mind at??? :rofl::rofl:

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Apparently, you're not. You've not only p/o'd the boater, you've also p/o'd our shipper who has paid for 3 attempts.
What if the shipper emailed the customer that day that the package was arriving? He could have arranged for the office to accept it on the second attempt.
It's a no brainer that we're here (used to be, anyhow...) to provide customer service. God, I hope things haven't changed that much since I left Package.
Give me a break...

Cach, are you saying that you would clearly ignore the sign and expect the marina to accept a package without talking to the marina personnel? You do have a point with grandma sending packages. Only Dave can answer that one.

Where do you get that from what I said? Ignoring the sign, no. Being ok with the marina/driver rts' a package without my knowledge or giving me an attempt to make arrangments, no.
My point is the marina does NOT have the right to rts the box, only the right to refuse to SIGN for the box.