Cut the cable cord

Discussion in 'Life After Brown' started by yonnko, Oct 15, 2015.

1. yonnko

yonnko Member

Has anybody cut the cable cord and dish or direct. Does anybody use anything else; Hulu, Amazon etc.
  2. PT Car Washer

PT Car Washer Well-Known Member

Never had cable or dish at my house. Only time I have watched cable is while on vacation at a motel. Spend the whole evening switching from one boring show to another.
  3. FrigidFTSup

FrigidFTSup Resident Suit

Yep. I cut it in favor of netflix, hulu, and NHL gamecenter. I can still pick up locals on an antenna for football games and the news. The only thing I miss is the sports, but I just couldn't justify keeping cable for the weekends, when I have time to watch them.
  4. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

You may want to search before starting a new thread as I started one on this very subject two months or so ago.
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  5. cosmo1

cosmo1 Just another internet hooligan.

6. jumpman23

jumpman23 Oh Yeah

I split my Directv bill with my buddy lol. Cant live without NFL TICKET lol
  7. retiredTxfeeder

retiredTxfeeder cap'n crunch

Jump, I've had directv for quite a few years, and every year I call them and tell them that since I'm such a loyal customer, they ought to give me the NFL games for free. They have the last 2 years. lol.
  8. oldngray

oldngray nowhere special

I have Time Warner and no way that would work with them. They just don't care. I do get deals from T-mobile for being a long time customer though.
  9. Funfact

Funfact Well-Known Member

Every year or two I tell Time Warner I'm switching to dish network and magically my bill goed back diwn like I'm a new customerm.
  10. Cementups

Cementups Box Monkey

Nope. I have a fully loaded Verizon plan as well as Netflix and Amazon Prime. I'm worth it.
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  11. jumpman23

jumpman23 Oh Yeah

Way to work them BIG TEX lol
  12. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

That's amazing because I usually hear the opposite.
  13. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

DirectTV doesn't give anything away for free, especially the NFL Ticket.
  14. cosmo1

cosmo1 Just another internet hooligan.

Wrong, Dave.
  15. Wally

Wally Hailing from Parts Unknown.

Everybody pays 200 a month for TV!
  16. PT Car Washer

PT Car Washer Well-Known Member

All I pay for is the electricity to make it work.
  17. sailfish

sailfish Well-Known Member

I discontinued my television service in April of 2012, keeping just the internet. Netflix and Youtube have proven themselves far more useful anyway.
  18. oldngray

oldngray nowhere special

The problem is the internet providers are the same companies as TV providers. You don't save much by discontinuing the TV if you aren't paying for a bunch of the premium channels.
  19. sailfish

sailfish Well-Known Member

I had a basic package with nothing special and it cut my bill in more than half. Pretty nuts.
  20. TooTechie

TooTechie Geek in Brown

I pay like 250 for phone internet & tv. I have every channel I can get, fastest internet (like 110mbps), etc. It's a waste of money but life is short.