Daddy songs and words...

ajblakejr

Age quod agis
I have a similar experience Cover. My Stepmother and Dad were supposed to come from Missouri for Thanksgiving. The night they were suppose to be here he had a massive heart attack around 3:00 A.M.
Approximately a week and a half after his funeral we found out that my wife was pregnant.(My wife was never "suppose to be able" to have children according to 3 doctors!!)
Anyways, in August of 01' we had our one and only child! I always thank my Dad for what he did for me and my wife.....when I lay down every night or when I see my son do something that reminds me of me when I was a kid! "Thanks Dad for blessing me with a wonderful son!"

This was my paternal father whom I only got to see one week out of the year for only 14 years of my life (if that). Before he passed away in November of 2000, I lived near him for 3 years and got to know him VERY well. Honestly I never had to meet him, all I needed to do was look back and look at myself :wink2:
As far as The Mike & The Mechanics song, it always hits me when I hear it.

I am also am thankful for the Man that raised me. My step-Dad is the one that I owe my thanks to for giving me the life I have now. He is the best Father a son could have (I learned most everything I know from him.) Learned things the hard way sometimes, but he ALWAYS knew what was best for me, and still does sometimes.at 37 years old I still call him when I have certain questions that I need a little guidance with. The man is great with money!! When I was 25, I purchased my own house and had it paid for in 10 years!! I learned my mechanical knowledge from him and too many other things to mention.

As far a song that I dedicate to him for Fathers Day and everyday is this:
Travis Tritt - Where Corn Don't Grow (live)

BTW HAPPY FATHERS DAY TO ALL!!

ajblakejr

Age quod agis

ajblakejr

Age quod agis
I have 2 girls, evertime I hear butterfly kisses, I get the lump in the throat and the tears in the eyes.

My daddy had two girls...

BC has been a gift to me at times, this is one of those times.

I read what lil'boybrown writes and I see my father as a different man, sometimes it is really had to think he had feelings and but I always got Eskimo Kisses.

ajblakejr

Age quod agis
Stevie Nicks starts, "This one's for you, Daddy".

And that's when I fall to the floor and start convulsing and crying.

It is the child inside and I will never give her up...

I am not good at taking compliments, at least, not the deeps one that touch the person at the core that makes me, me or my father's daughter.

An important acquaintance paid me a compliment and wrote, "You are truly a wonderful person."
I reply, "I am my father's daughter."

An unexpected response came back at me, "He sounds like a man with principles who looks for the good in others. Like his daughter."
(This hit me hard and I never said thank you. I don't have the right words and he can't look into my eyes to understand the depth his words filled me. Sometimes all communication is non-verbal.)

I need to learn that the reflection I see in the mirror is the strong daughter he raised to be principled and giving.
Silently making a difference in the background and deflecting all credit.

And like Stevie says, "This is for you daddy....

Last edited:

moreluck

golden ticket member
BeeleN20110619_low.jpg