Road Rage!

Zowert

I’ll try to keep this as short as possible but a lot happened in a very short time.

Had this idiot in a Rivian cut me off today, I was so close to rear ending him that I heard packages slam against my bulkhead door when I hit the brakes. Naturally I laid on the horn. What’s this idiot do? Accelerate about 30 feet then try to brake check me, only problem was I was pretty much at a dead stop. I switched to the right lane to try and get around him but he cut me off again and brake checked me. I yelled as loud as I could, “What the * are you doing?” His windows were down so I knew he heard me.

This dude gets out of his car, truck, whatever the hell it is and walks up to me on the driver‘s side door. I closed the door so he stopped, starts pointing at me and says “You want some of this?” (with a lot of curse words and insults) I told him to get back in his vehicle. He doesn’t, instead he starts walking toward my passenger side. Red faced, cursing, very erratic behavior.

Now I’m thinking this guy is insane so I put my truck in park, unbuckled and stood at the top of the steps. One hand on railing with my right leg cocked back as he approaches the open door. I didn’t even hear what he was saying because my adrenaline was pumping so hard. In the most aggressive tone I could muster I screamed, “GET BACK IN YOUR VEHICLE OR I WILL KICK YOUR * TEETH IN!” At this point he is standing with one foot at the bottom step of the package car. He pauses, likely realizing the disadvantage he’s in and backed off.

“Ooooh you gonna threaten me you ***** I’m calling the cops!“ Pulls his phone out and takes a picture of the license plate, all while crying about getting me fired and filing a lawsuit. After a minute long meltdown he finally gets back in his stupid car/truck/whatever and drives off. This was on a two lane road, so during the entire altercation vehicles were struggling to get by becsuse we were blocking the right lane. I called my sup as soon as possible and told him about it. He said, “was there any physical violence?“ I said no and he says, “Okay you should be fine, we will deal with it if someone calls in. It’s probably some lunatic, so forget about it.” I also called my shop steward to give him a heads up. He made me feel a little better with his own road rage story that was even more heated.

Anyway, that was my day today. I’ve never had anything like this happen to me. There is a good chance this dude was on drugs, his behavior was out of control. When he set his foot on the bottom step for a couple seconds I pulled my foot back ready to kick him with everything I had. My inner voice was saying, “DO IT! DO IT NOW!” Luckily he backed off. In that moment I could have easily broke that guy‘s jaw, and most likely lost my job in the process.

Have any of you guys been involved in road rage incidents, or am I a nutcase? I don‘t even know right now. I need a little comfort right now, not gonna lie.

Last edited by a moderator:

Grey

The amount of people that get pissed off because the way or spot I sometimes have to park in is wild. They act like a minor 3 second inconvenience of going around me is equivalent to running over their cat. I blame highly processed diets and vape pens that always have their cortisol levels on edge.

KearsargeCoop

Baseball, dart board
The amount of people that get pissed off because the way or spot I sometimes have to park in is wild. They act like a minor 3 second inconvenience of going around me is equivalent to running over their cat. I blame highly processed diets and vape pens that always have their cortisol levels on edge.
Astute observation, very nice.

DOK

I’ll try to keep this as short as possible but a lot happened in a very short time.

Had this idiot in a Rivian cut me off today, I was so close to rear ending him that I heard packages slam against my bulkhead door when I hit the brakes. Naturally I laid on the horn. What’s this idiot do? Accelerate about 30 feet then try to brake check me, only problem was I was pretty much at a dead stop. I switched to the right lane to try and get around him but he cut me off again and brake checked me. I yelled as loud as I could, “What the * are you doing?” His windows were down so I knew he heard me.

This dude gets out of his car, truck, whatever the hell it is and walks up to me on the driver‘s side door. I closed the door so he stopped, starts pointing at me and says “You want some of this?” (with a lot of curse words and insults) I told him to get back in his vehicle. He doesn’t, instead he starts walking toward my passenger side. Red faced, cursing, very erratic behavior.

Now I’m thinking this guy is insane so I put my truck in park, unbuckled and stood at the top of the steps. One hand on railing with my right leg cocked back as he approaches the open door. I didn’t even hear what he was saying because my adrenaline was pumping so hard. In the most aggressive tone I could muster I screamed, “GET BACK IN YOUR VEHICLE OR I WILL KICK YOUR * TEETH IN!” At this point he is standing with one foot at the bottom step of the package car. He pauses, likely realizing the disadvantage he’s in and backed off.

“Ooooh you gonna threaten me you ***** I’m calling the cops!“ Pulls his phone out and takes a picture of the license plate, all while crying about getting me fired and filing a lawsuit. After a minute long meltdown he finally gets back in his stupid car/truck/whatever and drives off. This was on a two lane road, so during the entire altercation vehicles were struggling to get by becsuse we were blocking the right lane. I called my sup as soon as possible and told him about it. He said, “was there any physical violence?“ I said no and he says, “Okay you should be fine, we will deal with it if someone calls in. It’s probably some lunatic, so forget about it.” I also called my shop steward to give him a heads up. He made me feel a little better with his own road rage story that was even more heated.

Anyway, that was my day today. I’ve never had anything like this happen to me. There is a good chance this dude was on drugs, his behavior was out of control. When he set his foot on the bottom step for a couple seconds I pulled my foot back ready to kick him with everything I had. My inner voice was saying, “DO IT! DO IT NOW!” Luckily he backed off. In that moment I could have easily broke that guy‘s jaw, and most likely lost my job in the process.

Have any of you guys been involved in road rage incidents, or am I a nutcase? I don‘t even know right now. I need a little comfort right now, not gonna lie.
Driver in our center that this happens to 2-3 times a year for the last 30 or so years, guys a hot head, everyone just accepts it. Managements afraid to discipline him, they just go along with it to not set him off. Nice guy tho nonetheless.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck

I‘m sure we all have had a road rage incident weather it was from someone else or even ourselves. When other drivers (the public) behave like this I’ve learned to just stay away. People are :censored2:ing nutso sometimes and they are trying to drag other people into their nutjob existence. Just back off, pull over if necessary and think about how much your career is worth to not engage in this. People get so mad over horn honking, I only do it to if absolutely necessary to get their attention and avoid an accident.

KearsargeCoop

Baseball, dart board
I‘m sure we all have had a road rage incident weather it was from someone else or even ourselves. When other drivers (the public) behave like this I’ve learned to just stay away. People are :censored2:ing nutso sometimes and they are trying to drag other people into their nutjob existence. Just back off, pull over if necessary and think about how much your career is worth to not engage in this. People get so mad over horn honking, I only do it to if absolutely necessary to get their attention and avoid an accident.
I surprisingly cool, calm, and collected response. Perfect!

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
I surprisingly cool, calm, and collected response. Perfect!
Ain’t gonna lie, I’ve put myself in some bad spots over the years. Launched a cheeseburger at one guys window on the highway, mayo and ketchup all over the place….
A little older and wiser, it ain’t worth it. I was starving that day too!

Mr.Blonde

Only way outs inna box

1E2B637E-AEAA-49EC-BB2F-745D685CC845.jpeg

Zowert

Soon as he placed foot on steps I would have felt “threatened” and Jackie Chan kick the :censored2: out of him
Oh man I was so close to kicking this guy in the face, he was all leaning into the cab chin first too. Only thing that stopped me was the thought of losing my job and a real quiet voice saying, “Wait, you might kill this guy with a hard kick to the head.” I thought about grabbing the fire extinguisher and giving him and mouth full of that but probably wouldn’t have time. Absolute nut jobs out there, all over a horn.

PT Car Washer

Oh man I was so close to kicking this guy in the face, he was all leaning into the cab chin first too. Only thing that stopped me was the thought of losing my job and a real quiet voice saying, “Wait, you might kill this guy with a hard kick to the head.” I thought about grabbing the fire extinguisher and giving him and mouth full of that but probably wouldn’t have time. Absolute nut jobs out there, all over a horn.
You never know who is carrying a gun and under some state laws he would be legal to shoot you dead if you would have attacked him. Best to just let it go. The company will always side with the customer.

Mr.Blonde

Only way outs inna box
You never know who is carrying a gun and under some state laws he would be legal to shoot you dead if you would have attacked him. Best to just let it go. The company will always side with the customer.
What states protect agressors that get out in on going traffic to harass and intimidate?

PT Car Washer

What states protect agressors that get out in on going traffic to harass and intimidate?
Stand your ground laws. Remember the driver is shot dead by a motorist who felt threatened when the UPS driver attacked him with a fire extinguisher. Dead drivers word vs. live motorist word. Probably sue the company and the dead drivers estate.

Zowert

He was coming at me, I never left my truck. This dude stepped into the cab briefly like he was going to attack me. Also, I don’t know how he would conceal a firearm in the skinny jeans and tight shirt he was wearing. This guy looked like he was on the Jersey Shore, except he was maybe 5’7”, a buck fifty soaking wet. Anyway, you’re right, I always assume someone is armed. Which is why I stay in my vehicle. I’d never get out, probably just run them over if anything.