Road Rage!

Johnny onthe Spot

I’ll try to keep this as short as possible but a lot happened in a very short time.

Had this idiot in a Rivian cut me off today, I was so close to rear ending him that I heard packages slam against my bulkhead door when I hit the brakes. Naturally I laid on the horn. What’s this idiot do? Accelerate about 30 feet then try to brake check me, only problem was I was pretty much at a dead stop. I switched to the right lane to try and get around him but he cut me off again and brake checked me. I yelled as loud as I could, “What the * are you doing?” His windows were down so I knew he heard me.

This dude gets out of his car, truck, whatever the hell it is and walks up to me on the driver‘s side door. I closed the door so he stopped, starts pointing at me and says “You want some of this?” (with a lot of curse words and insults) I told him to get back in his vehicle. He doesn’t, instead he starts walking toward my passenger side. Red faced, cursing, very erratic behavior.

Now I’m thinking this guy is insane so I put my truck in park, unbuckled and stood at the top of the steps. One hand on railing with my right leg cocked back as he approaches the open door. I didn’t even hear what he was saying because my adrenaline was pumping so hard. In the most aggressive tone I could muster I screamed, “GET BACK IN YOUR VEHICLE OR I WILL KICK YOUR * TEETH IN!” At this point he is standing with one foot at the bottom step of the package car. He pauses, likely realizing the disadvantage he’s in and backed off.

“Ooooh you gonna threaten me you ***** I’m calling the cops!“ Pulls his phone out and takes a picture of the license plate, all while crying about getting me fired and filing a lawsuit. After a minute long meltdown he finally gets back in his stupid car/truck/whatever and drives off. This was on a two lane road, so during the entire altercation vehicles were struggling to get by becsuse we were blocking the right lane. I called my sup as soon as possible and told him about it. He said, “was there any physical violence?“ I said no and he says, “Okay you should be fine, we will deal with it if someone calls in. It’s probably some lunatic, so forget about it.” I also called my shop steward to give him a heads up. He made me feel a little better with his own road rage story that was even more heated.

Anyway, that was my day today. I’ve never had anything like this happen to me. There is a good chance this dude was on drugs, his behavior was out of control. When he set his foot on the bottom step for a couple seconds I pulled my foot back ready to kick him with everything I had. My inner voice was saying, “DO IT! DO IT NOW!” Luckily he backed off. In that moment I could have easily broke that guy‘s jaw, and most likely lost my job in the process.

Have any of you guys been involved in road rage incidents, or am I a nutcase? I don‘t even know right now. I need a little comfort right now,

I’ll try to keep this as short as possible but a lot happened in a very short time.

Had this idiot in a Rivian cut me off today, I was so close to rear ending him that I heard packages slam against my bulkhead door when I hit the brakes. Naturally I laid on the horn. What’s this idiot do? Accelerate about 30 feet then try to brake check me, only problem was I was pretty much at a dead stop. I switched to the right lane to try and get around him but he cut me off again and brake checked me. I yelled as loud as I could, “What the * are you doing?” His windows were down so I knew he heard me.

This dude gets out of his car, truck, whatever the hell it is and walks up to me on the driver‘s side door. I closed the door so he stopped, starts pointing at me and says “You want some of this?” (with a lot of curse words and insults) I told him to get back in his vehicle. He doesn’t, instead he starts walking toward my passenger side. Red faced, cursing, very erratic behavior.

Now I’m thinking this guy is insane so I put my truck in park, unbuckled and stood at the top of the steps. One hand on railing with my right leg cocked back as he approaches the open door. I didn’t even hear what he was saying because my adrenaline was pumping so hard. In the most aggressive tone I could muster I screamed, “GET BACK IN YOUR VEHICLE OR I WILL KICK YOUR * TEETH IN!” At this point he is standing with one foot at the bottom step of the package car. He pauses, likely realizing the disadvantage he’s in and backed off.

“Ooooh you gonna threaten me you ***** I’m calling the cops!“ Pulls his phone out and takes a picture of the license plate, all while crying about getting me fired and filing a lawsuit. After a minute long meltdown he finally gets back in his stupid car/truck/whatever and drives off. This was on a two lane road, so during the entire altercation vehicles were struggling to get by becsuse we were blocking the right lane. I called my sup as soon as possible and told him about it. He said, “was there any physical violence?“ I said no and he says, “Okay you should be fine, we will deal with it if someone calls in. It’s probably some lunatic, so forget about it.” I also called my shop steward to give him a heads up. He made me feel a little better with his own road rage story that was even more heated.

Anyway, that was my day today. I’ve never had anything like this happen to me. There is a good chance this dude was on drugs, his behavior was out of control. When he set his foot on the bottom step for a couple seconds I pulled my foot back ready to kick him with everything I had. My inner voice was saying, “DO IT! DO IT NOW!” Luckily he backed off. In that moment I could have easily broke that guy‘s jaw, and most likely lost my job in the process.

Have any of you guys been involved in road rage incidents, or am I a nutcase? I don‘t even know right now. I need a little comfort right now, not gonna lie.
Don't engage with these people. Yelling at them is going to make things worse. Wave, say sorry bro and drive to your next stop. Just look at them like your watching a crazy movie. If something happens call your supe and tell him your side of the story asap.

Sissy Brown Short Shorts

Just a heads up for future reference the driver and passenger side doors do lock. You don’t have to hide behind the bulkhead. Theres a little grey tab under the handle mechanism that if you push up on it’ll lock the door. Then just use the door handle regularly to unlock it.

RetiredIE

Retirement is VASTLY underrated

Have any of you guys been involved in road rage incidents, or am I a nutcase? I don‘t even know right now. I need a little comfort right now, not gonna lie.

When I was training my daughters to drive I made it clear that EVERY other driver on the road is a released mental patient who is just itching to ruin your day.

Bad experiences that don't kill you (or end your employment) makes you a stronger human being. Sorry this happened and I hope it works out for you. I am betting you will be fine.

Pullman Brown

Who doesn’t know that?
giphy-downsized-medium.gif

MECH-II

🧔‍♂️✊
I keep a key in bulkhead door , we need updated door openers on those they’re junk !
Remember they first came out with a metal rod that would just bend and break 😂
🧔‍♂️✊