Daily driver logs

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by The Man, Sep 6, 2016.

1. The Man

The Man Member

Does anyone keep track of they're daily activities while on a route?
    And if you do what setup to you have in your notebook?

2. olroadbeech

olroadbeech Happy Verified UPSer

what do you mean? I kept a daily log of hours , the weather if snowing, raining etc. if I had to chain up so I knew how many times I chained for the winter. anything unusual like delays due to accidents or delays for anything so I could answer management if that topic came up. also kept notes about conversations with management or notes for potential grievances.

also used said notebook to record expenses, bills, phone numbers, family info , etc.

I kept a notebook for every year I worked. those books make for some interesting reading after 20-25 years. I keep them in a fireproof safe for generations to come. serious.

3. ManInBrown

ManInBrown Well-Known Member

Hours tracker on iPhone. Keeps track of everything. Has a section at the bottom for notes. I input stops for day. How many NDA. If anything unusual happens during the day to delay me. The only downside is it's a pay app. Well worth it though.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  4. olroadbeech

olroadbeech Happy Verified UPSer

don't have an iphone so had to use the ancient way , lol

but ya, that's good for you. CYA. when i first started a senior driver recommended a notebook. he said " you're gonna need it ." at the time i didnt know what he was talking about but i learned.

5. Just the basics. Start time , leave building time. How many stops and packages. Different areas and anything out of the ordinary. Like helping someone, traffic or weather conditions.

6. Overpaid Union Thug

Overpaid Union Thug Well-Known Member

I ordered some of these years ago. They were okay I guess. I haven't used them in a very long time. The biggest disappointment was that they were shipped through the post office.

*New* UPS Driver Daily Log Book | Teamsters for a Democratic Union

7. scooby0048

scooby0048 This page left intentionally blank

It's a pretty heinous state this company is in when you have to carry around notebooks on the shat that goes on instead of just going to work and doing a job. I didn't document this much when I was cop!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  8. I learned a long time ago and it saves my bitt a fee times and mase my sup look like an ass...lol

9. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

28 years in and I have never felt that I needed to document my day.

10. 3 done 3 to go

3 done 3 to go In control of my own destiny

That's me.

11. scooby0048

Normally I wouldn't feel the need to do it either but after a center manager flat out told me to lie about a work injury happening somewhere else, I suddenly felt the need to keep good notes on out of the ordinary events and discrepancies.

I don't care about stop count, miles, pkgs or things like that until I have a reason to care.

12. My man.!

13. Bubblehead

Bubblehead My Senior Picture

We weren't talking about your weekends?

14. Bubblehead

A similar option for Android phones is an app called Color Note.
    It syncs to your Google account and other devices, so if you lose or change phones, you don't lose your notes.
    Notebooks work, but these apps take it up to the next level.
    I highly recommend them.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  15. KOG72

KOG72 Well-Known Member

I'll take a picture every now and then of a stupid Diad message they send out wanting me to do something that might backfire.

16. scooby0048

Sometimes old fashioned notes are the way to go. I'm not arguing the benefit of a smart device but something to remember is they time-stamp stuff and it would be Murphy's Law, that someone would use a device to take notes, or record some action, and then try to use it during a grievance only to later have the company use it against you as stealing time or some other loophole violation.

17. Scottyhawk

Scottyhawk What is it? A brown box. Duh

Time recorder app on droid. Hours with lunch total stops and pieces and if anything happened on road during the day in the notes section. Backs up weekly onto Google drive

18. Bubblehead

They are my notes, so they will see what I want them to see, just like paper notes.
    I don't subscribe to the notion that I can't document an incident on the clock.
    I'd love to argue that notion.

19. scooby0048

I don't either, but playing Devil's advocate here. I will gladly take a picture of my DIAD when they say crazy things and will deal with the consequences later if I have to.

20. Cementups

Cementups Box Monkey

I use HoursTracker just to document my hours to make sure I'm not shorted at the end of the week. Haven't had any problems yet.