Damn got called for fulltime..

margaritaville

For the center i didnt want. There are two centers at my building. The center i got called for is known to have better management. But the center i wanted has a way nicer area It's less industrial, more beautiful scenary etc. It was a 50/50 chance since both centers need people. Im assumming i cant switch over to the other center til i bid on a route? Thats gonna take awhile :(

50/50 chance and i lose :/ Still gotta pass the 30 days though haha. Prob shouldnt get too ahead of myself.

UPSGUY72

For the center i didnt want. There are two centers at my building. The center i got called for is known to have better management. But the center i wanted has a way nicer area It's less industrial, more beautiful scenary etc. It was a 50/50 chance since both centers need people. Im assumming i cant switch over to the other center til i bid on a route? Thats gonna take awhile :(

50/50 chance and i lose :/ Still gotta pass the 30 days though haha. Prob shouldnt get too ahead of myself.

You would be correct about switching centers. Luck you not in my area there are 4 center in 3 buildings and if it your time to move up you don't get to choose where you want to work you either take the job or refuse and stay PT.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
And to make things even more confusing...when you get done qualifying if you make seniority, they may even move you to a different center. We just had like 3 guys qualify a couple months ago who started qualifying before they moved everyone around in the biennial bid. After they made seniority they were moved to cover slots in another center because the cover slots were filled by the bid.

margaritaville

And to make things even more confusing...when you get done qualifying if you make seniority, they may even move you to a different center. We just had like 3 guys qualify a couple months ago who started qualifying before they moved everyone around in the biennial bid. After they made seniority they were moved to cover slots in another center because the cover slots were filled by the bid.
This is good to know. That be cool if i get trained in the center i dont like as much than get put in the other center. Also it would of sucked if i trained in the center i did like than switched after my 30 days. I just wanna get day 1 over with so im officially a driver and they cant put me back to my old job.

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
I just wanna get day 1 over with so im officially a driver and they cant put me back to my old job.

You mean day 31. They can dq you from driving for 30 days if you are no good.

And in my hub we have 3 centers, to bid over to a new center a bid has to come up for either A.) Someone quitting or getting fired or B.) Hiring new ft drivers in the center, the bid is first open to other FT drivers, then PT employees. Thays how it is in my area, yours may be different

Sent using BrownCafe App

9.5er

All routes suck now. Only going to get worse in the future. Don't worry about which center you are in just get qualified. After that learn as many routes as you can. The more you learn the more you work.
Best advice I can give any new driver is "Take it one stop at a time."

Cementups

Box Monkey
Management comes and goes.

While that may be true, for some reason things don't change in our building. Our one center is horribly run and drivers are mostly out over 9.5. Meanwhile in the center I am in, most drivers are in about 9 hours daily. Two completely different beast, even when management changes.

fres431

The center you get drafted by is your home center. The centers share low seniority drivers to cover sick and or vacations. After you are done covering you return home

MobileBA

"Damn got called for fulltime..", step away from the xbox, get your 100K a year job and worry about the other nonsense later. think of it this way thousands of illegals enter every year to make pennies on the dollar. Take what you can while you can.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
All routes suck now. Only going to get worse in the future
I disagree. ;) I turned my route from a ballbuster fly to make commits to a steady comfortable pace route by training management after I bid the route. I taught them to take business off me during the day by continuing to miss business and savers until it hurt enough for them to take business off me. So they shifted things around and gave me a bit more residential once they took off the excess business. I then opted in for the 9.5 list and they took off that extra res and then some. :)

My first day on the route I had over 130 stops per day. I'm now down to about 105 (90 one day this week) and did it without getting called into the office once.

The keys: Make sure your house is in order & work by the methods so they have no ammunition. Work at a steady safe pace and be consistent. Communicate to let them know about service failures due to overdispatch (make their problems...their problems).

Z

ZQXC

It might be more accurate to say "Got called for damn fulltime."

After a while, you will understand......

9.5er

I disagree. ;) I turned my route from a ballbuster fly to make commits to a steady comfortable pace route by training management after I bid the route. I taught them to take business off me during the day by continuing to miss business and savers until it hurt enough for them to take business off me. So they shifted things around and gave me a bit more residential once they took off the excess business. I then opted in for the 9.5 list and they took off that extra res and then some. :)

My first day on the route I had over 130 stops per day. I'm now down to about 105 (90 one day this week) and did it without getting called into the office once.

The keys: Make sure your house is in order & work by the methods so they have no ammunition. Work at a steady safe pace and be consistent. Communicate to let them know about service failures due to overdispatch (make their problems...their problems).
If only more drivers would take that approach things might be different.

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.
Just go! I had the same thought process as you 11 years ago - I had told my wife that I would only take it if it were in the center I was preloading in, but it was one of the other 3 centers that called me. I ended up going FT anyway.

The funny part is that the center I originally would only take the transfer to ended up being eliminated and chances are that I would have ended up in one of the centers that are now atrocious.

This job is mostly what YOU make of it. Keep that in mind.

Cementups

Box Monkey
The center you get drafted by is your home center. The centers share low seniority drivers to cover sick and or vacations. After you are done covering you return home

Not here. Even though our centers are 150 feet apart they are two completely different entities.