Darwin Awards

Catatonic

Nine Lives
"In the spirit of Charles Darwin, the Darwin Awards commemorate individuals who protect our gene pool by making the ultimate sacrifice of their own lives. Darwin Award winners eliminate themselves in an extraordinarily idiotic manner, thereby improving our species' chances of long-term survival."
Did they include Trayvon Martin in last years awards or would he be in this year's awards?

40andOut

An honorary award should go to Scott Davis for sacrificing any chance of his staying on as CEO by under-staffing this year for peak, thereby improving our company's chances of long-term survival.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
He is gone as soon as the contract is approved.
Also, I doubt very seriously if Scott Davis had anything to do with peak planning.
He may have had it reviewed with him and the other Management Committee members but that would be the extent of his involvement.
Somebody probable wrote a script for him to read if he even did that.

40andOut

Sorry, it was just a joke. Actually judging by the stock, UPS is likely making a killing this peak by sacrificing the family lives of it's employees. Completely unethical and I would argue immoral, but that extra cash the decision makers will be pocketing will not help them obtain any "lasting" reward.

He is gone as soon as the contract is approved.
Also, I doubt very seriously if Scott Davis had anything to do with peak planning.
He may have had it reviewed with him and the other Management Committee members but that would be the extent of his involvement.
Somebody probable wrote a script for him to read if he even did that.

By the time it made it to him for review it had been so sugar coated it would be meaningless to him anyway.

wkmac

In the case of Trayvon Martin and George Zimmerman, seems to me you could make an argument that the gene pool is still only half clean at the moment. Just sayin'

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
http://jdgroover.wordpress.com/2013/08/20/the-2013-darwin-awards-are-out/

Here Is The Glorious Winner:
1. When his .38 caliber revolver failed to fire at his intended victim during a hold-up in Long Beach, California would-be robber James Elliot did something that can only inspire wonder. He peered down the barrel and tried the trigger again. This time it worked.

Doh!

And yet.... Another contender emerges....

117feom.jpg

Babagounj

Strength through joy

The Inspector General of the Department of the Treasury is beginning an audit of the Internal Revenue Service after it has come to light that in 2019 1,250 employees had not paid their taxes.

Note that 2019 was pre-pandemic.

Some of the offenders offered great excuses like "I didn't know how."
Some of these were rehires after being previously fired for "willful failure to properly file their Federal tax returns."