Have you dated a co-worker while at UPS?

• Total voters

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Never fish in the company pond, man. Not even for a one nighter.
it's definitely creepy and risky. One of our stewards tries to sleep with every woman in the place. One of them he messed with was married to a PT sup, and she was walked out for rummaging through/stealing bags and wallets from hourlies. :p

I put no trust in UPS or union, and certainly no hub rat. :)

1Simplemann

I have an 11 month old French bulldog and a 12 year old basset hound.

Both of them piss on my floor but neither of them poop where they eat.

Don't poop where you eat, OP.
Take this advice. It's spot on. Can they do anything. No.It's your personal business. BUT if and when that bad break up happens, things could get ugly! I've seen it 1st hand in my center. It was bad situation. Think w/ your big head and not the little one.

Indecisi0n

One of my ex's started working with the company a couple months ago and even that is awkward. She's completely out of her mind when the cheap wine started flowing and I had to break it off when she was drunk one night and threatened me with rape charges during an argument. Luckily, she works the counter and I only see her if she comes in the back when I'm dropping off air so I don't really need to interact with her. I can only imagine how messed up it would be if she was another driver or my helper.
Was she at least really hot?

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
One of my ex's started working with the company a couple months ago and even that is awkward. She's completely out of her mind when the cheap wine started flowing and I had to break it off when she was drunk one night and threatened me with rape charges during an argument. Luckily, she works the counter and I only see her if she comes in the back when I'm dropping off air so I don't really need to interact with her. I can only imagine how messed up it would be if she was another driver or my helper.
Wasn't she your Christmas helper?

Nimnim

The Nim
Between hourlies, nothing UPS can do about it. Can create some messy situations if there's a breakup. I've seen one girl over a few years hook up with 3 different unloaders and after each switch while she wasn't an unloader it created tension between the other guys.

As far as hourly with supervision it is highly discouraged and UPS can do something about that. I've seen a sup and hourly hook up but they kept it so down low that no one knew until the hourly quit and then they made it public, and I've seen where sups are transferred to other shifts because it's became known.

My lovely lady works the same shift as me, and we've been together pretty much the whole time I worked at UPS and the whole time she has. As long as we're not working the same area our interaction is so minimal we're just coworkers and that's perfect. The bad part is anytime anything happens that regards her I get to hear about it from a bunch of people because apparently I can magically do something about it.

rod

Retired 22 years
For someone 10 years older than me, yes. Now, it looks like the ravages of alcohol is taking its toll on her.

I bailed at the best time.

That just means you have to drink more alcohol. You have to drink her pretty again.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Between hourlies, nothing UPS can do about it. Can create some messy situations if there's a breakup. I've seen one girl over a few years hook up with 3 different unloaders and after each switch while she wasn't an unloader it created tension between the other guys.

As far as hourly with supervision it is highly discouraged and UPS can do something about that. I've seen a sup and hourly hook up but they kept it so down low that no one knew until the hourly quit and then they made it public, and I've seen where sups are transferred to other shifts because it's became known.

My lovely lady works the same shift as me, and we've been together pretty much the whole time I worked at UPS and the whole time she has. As long as we're not working the same area our interaction is so minimal we're just coworkers and that's perfect. The bad part is anytime anything happens that regards her I get to hear about it from a bunch of people because apparently I can magically do something about it.
You ever take her up to the mezzanine after the sort goes down

That guardrail is the perfect height

FilingBluesFL

It was nice when an hourly started dating a real :censored2: piece of crap preload sup in our hub. When management found out, he got transferred.

The only down side, is now that he's gone, I'm filing a lot less grievances for management working and making a lot less money :(