Dealing with Women on route

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by ups1990, Mar 29, 2009.

1. ups1990

ups1990 Well-Known Member

Five days a week, I, walk into Office Depot to make a delivery and have to endure constant sexual suggestive comments from a Female supervisor. We've probably heard them all right? For instance, 'I like your package", " can I, give you my box", "sexy legs"..... Since, I'am married, my response is silence. How do you guys deal with these ladies?

2. Bubblehead

Bubblehead My Senior Picture

What does she look like?

3. Express Courier

Express Courier Active Member

I will usually give them a "HEH". Maybe try to work your wife into conversation. "Hey my wife knows karate!"

4. dilligaf

dilligaf IN VINO VERITAS

If it really bothers you then go over her head and report it. Or talk to your sup and ask the sup to talk to the woman that you are having a problem with. To me it depends on the person that I am dealing with. If it is someone that I don't like to begin with I personally put a stop to it right then and there. With words or just action and attitude. If it is someone that I know and trust then I don't feel threatened by it. I generally have a good repoire with all my customers so it is easy to joke with them.

5. cachsux

cachsux Wah

I married one.

6. dilligaf

dilligaf IN VINO VERITAS

That's another option. LMAO

7. 705red

705red Browncafe Steward

Have you tried smacking the male cashier on the rear?

8. Bubblehead

Bubblehead My Senior Picture

I tell them to quit teasing me.

9. ups1990

ups1990 Well-Known Member

Very funny idea.:happy2:

10. Tony31yrs

Tony31yrs New Member

Make sure your Supervisor is aware of the situation. We had one driver(who was a hound, but not interested in an unattractive married boss at a business) who got fired when she filed a harrassment complaint. He was only joking around with her. He got his job back, but had to agree to no back pay and he had to run cover until a job opened that he could bid on.

11. Big Babooba

Big Babooba Well-Known Member

It is sexual harassment.You have a truly delicate situation. You have to be able to discourage her without making her feel rejected. Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned. Do tell your supervisor and steward (together if possible) about your situation ASAP!. That way, you'll be on record. She could be kidding around or she could be serious. If she's serious, you could be sitting on a powder keg.

12. Livin the Dream?

Livin the Dream? Disillusioned UPSer

I don't understand what the problem is?

13. dilligaf

dilligaf IN VINO VERITAS

I agree.

14. Livin the Dream?

I'm not sure which is more sad - the original post, or those that actually believe it.

15. Big Babooba

It does happen. About 25 years ago we had a driver who delivered to a college dorm. The girl suggestively asked him in. He refused. She cried rape.

16. fethrs

fethrs Well-Known Member

Definitely bring it to mgt attention, it is not a joke or a funny matter in any way, shape or form. Your job is wayyy more important than her unwanted attention. Good Luck!

17. barnyard

barnyard KTM rider Staff Member

This thread is worthless without pics.

TB

18. Livin the Dream?

Ah - different, though - one on one contact, you have to be very careful how you handle it - preferably professionally.

In a store full of customers & other workers? Hell, my days would not be so nearly as tolerable without the innocent flirting. But then, I'm a a guy.

For the females reading this - it is wrong, WRONG I tell you, and must be reported IMMEDIATELY to your sup, their sup, your union rep, etc.....

19. Livin the Dream?

LMAO!

20. Big Babooba

You can have plenty of situations in a commercial setting where you are one on one with a customer.