Deferred Delivery?

Thebrownblob

542 is right! Job elimination is good for the company!
Funny, you think the teamsters hiring a marketing agency is going to make the company not eliminate a route? If these customers are not happy with our service, why are they not moving on? Is there not better service elsewhere? Are the shippers getting deals for these reduced services? Maybe there’s more to the story that you don’t know. Because the one thing that is for certain if it wasn’t beneficial to UPS, they wouldn’t do it for very long.

Thebrownblob

When drivers use the what about the customers line it always makes me think about Teachers and the "think of the children!"

You don't care about the customer. You care that your route is out and you have to do something else that day.
We do not have any say on if the company wants to run their business poorly.

Ou812fu

Polishing toilet bowls since 1966.
Funny, you think the teamsters hiring a marketing agency is going to make the company not eliminate a route? If these customers are not happy with our service, why are they not moving on? Is there not better service elsewhere? Are the shippers getting deals for these reduced services? Maybe there’s more to the story that you don’t know. Because the one thing that is for certain if it wasn’t beneficial to UPS, they wouldn’t do it for very long.
That's not true about the not beneficial thing. Orion is a perfect example of something they keep around due to the amount spent on a completely subpar program.

Thebrownblob

That's not true about the not beneficial thing. Orion is a perfect example of something they keep around due to the amount spent on a completely subpar program.
Touché, although if there is some benefit, I have no idea what it is. 🤷‍♂️Maybe to torture us?

Last edited:

some1else

Banned
Touché, although if there is some benefit, I have no idea what it is. 🤷‍♂️Maybe to torture us?
I always assumed Orion was to make our jobs more replaceable. I don’t think it was ever to help a 25y driver but it makes it way easier for someone who has never delivered before

Thebrownblob

I always assumed Orion was to make our jobs more replaceable. I don’t think it was ever to help a 25y driver but it makes it way easier for someone who has never delivered before
I’ve worked a few Saturdays and decided to shut my brain off and just throw the diad into the slot and let it do its thing. I almost had a nervous breakdown. Orion solution is a joke. It would only make a driver a worse driver.😂

PT Car Washer

I’ve worked a few Saturdays and decided to shut my brain off and just throw the diad into the slot and let it do its thing. I almost had a nervous breakdown. Orion solution is a joke. It would only make a driver a worse driver.😂
Try running Orion out of a rental truck where it has you jumping around from one pile of packages to another pile. I just deliver the 1000's then the 2000's etc.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
But UPS wants our input on how to run their business, don’t they? And I’m certain they will listen to our concerns and take them seriously! 😂😝

I remember this old school pkg division manager whose favorite line used to be:

"We don't need your help, opinions, or suggestions. We run the business."

Thebrownblob

I remember this old school pkg division manager whose favorite line used to be:

"We don't need your help, opinions, or suggestions. We run the business."
They’re two chicken to say that out loud now but that’s exactly the way they still feel.

We always used to joke that there is an open door policy at UPS….. open the door and get the hell out that is.