Tues-Saturday with Mon-Fri bid route

JustDeliverIt

What contract language are they using to rebid routes?

You can bid a M-friend route and a Tues-Sat schedule.

With everyone converting to RPCD and those of us with a pre 8-1-19 seniority date can’t be forced to work Saturday, we are going to re-bid. My route is moving to Tues-Sat, it’s cut every Monday and I end up covering Mondays.

Since they can’t force Saturday work on me (and others for that reason) they are designating 20 or so routes in each center as Tues-Sat, rest will stay Mon-Fri and re-bid. If we bid it, then it’s on us.

JustDeliverIt

The routes won’t change. You bid your schedule, then you bid your route. You work your route on your scheduled days if it is built.

Assuming this is one of those things that’s different in each area/building. They’re just going back to bidding the way they did before 22.4’s. Here they give us a list of every route to bid, list the area it delivers and if it’s Mon-Fri or Tues-Sat. Once you bid it’s yours for 2 years until we bid again. If there is a retirement/firing they will post that single route between bids and that usually sets off a few movements.

BobJ

They finally posted 22.3 combos that's been on hold for 6months.

All were re-configured for Tue-Sat pre-load. The first time any combos are working Saturday.

Cowboy Mac

Assuming this is one of those things that’s different in each area/building. They’re just going back to bidding the way they did before 22.4’s. Here they give us a list of every route to bid, list the area it delivers and if it’s Mon-Fri or Tues-Sat. Once you bid it’s yours for 2 years until we bid again. If there is a retirement/firing they will post that single route between bids and that usually sets off a few movements.
It’s national language. It says that workweek and route bids will be separate bids.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
based on what I've heard you will run whichever cover route most closely resembles the area you bid on as long as it holds %50 of the typical work area, seniority prevaling.

I'd advise folks to watch and record their route changes on M Sa because dispatch will likely have you doing work that is entirely different, like not even your loop neighbor's neighbor's stuff.

Last edited:

some1else

Banned
With everyone converting to RPCD and those of us with a pre 8-1-19 seniority date can’t be forced to work Saturday, we are going to re-bid. My route is moving to Tues-Sat, it’s cut every Monday and I end up covering Mondays.

Since they can’t force Saturday work on me (and others for that reason) they are designating 20 or so routes in each center as Tues-Sat, rest will stay Mon-Fri and re-bid. If we bid it, then it’s on us.
That’s how I assume it will go, and it fits the contractual language. I don’t see ang language that says we pick schedule then bid route. It says they can’t for pre 19 to tue-sat. Them making a route t-s then you bidding on it isn’t being forced. Poor language

HyperBrn

That’s how I assume it will go, and it fits the contractual language. I don’t see ang language that says we pick schedule then bid route. It says they can’t for pre 19 to tue-sat. Them making a route t-s then you bidding on it isn’t being forced. Poor language
Any little loophole to get what they want.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
I mean if the center want's to cut off their own limbs to spite themselves then be my guess. They will find out very quickly who exercises seniority and won't take a day off and will probably move your route back to M-friend in defeat or at the very least have you working the same area even if the route is technically a different #. I see a lot of our PO 25+ year seniority drivers bumping whatever they deem will do the most amount of damage without a route of their own.

Last edited:

MECH-II

🧔‍♂️✊
B70D0F6E-2B93-46B5-AA0F-DD6DEA78F530.jpeg

@charm299

Gagagagga

Steamer

Working Tues-Sat is saving me money. We can't go out and party with our friends anymore. And if they call me in on Monday it's double time. It's a win win from my perspective. We partied for a lot of years. Time to settle down.

MECH-II

🧔‍♂️✊
Working Tues-Sat is saving me money. We can't go out and party with our friends anymore. And if they call me in on Monday it's double time. It's a win win from my perspective. We partied for a lot of years. Time to settle down.
Hey , whatever you wanna tell yourself to make you feel better 😂😂😂

and quit working 6 days a week 😂😂😂
Make them hire people 🤦‍♂️