Define what ups misloads are

greivence

In a perfect world. Last misload I ran added about an hour to my day.
was told to report misloads by 1pm did that ---management responsibility to make that decision---to del or sheet as misload we weather its 2 miles away or 20 miles away ---misload report--they tell u to del or not

Nah
see that's it ---we have hin numbers wrong shelf right route ---was supposed to be 2000--was loaded in 4000 ---had 2 different was told to call misloads in by 1pm ---did that ---it is on the misload report for friday morning as being called in they never told me to del them --broke for bldg--took 10 min break got message to del ---asked them if they wanted me go back --they said no
That's not a misload.

greivence

I mean you get paid by the hour. What did you save by not delivering them? 7 minutes? Just deliver them. Your customers will appreciate you. And as a UPS driver you have to be prepared for days where everything isn't perfect. Sometimes packages end up on the wrong shelf. Sometimes you have to go to the same house twice. It sucks but whatever.

Sometimes you can take the initiative and figure something out without management telling you what to do. A 2000 hin package found on the 4000 shelf should be delivered 99% of the time. There is no need to tell management about it. Just deliver it. Service your customers and file 9.5 if needed.

Everytime I've found a PVD package in my truck I have just delivered it. It's peak they are going to try to squeeze 60 hours out of you anyway.
not up here u have to do what management says --because if u don't u will get in trouble for not following as directed ---they need to make the call ---extra miles extra time ---so by 1pm they had the misloads to them ---thru the dead---simple make a decision ---dont use me as a scapegoat--for there failure to tell what to do with them

greivence

now you are just contradicting yourself.

And then what? for all we care the office can get overrun by underground aliens and the building is sinking into a hole. If they don't get back to u then u would still sheet the package delivered or missed (EC for all you folks in the snow and ice tomorrow lol)
instructed by management all misloads need to be sent in the dead by 1pm

Fido

Don’t worry he’s friendly
see that's it ---we have hin numbers wrong shelf right route ---was supposed to be 2000--was loaded in 4000 ---had 2 different was told to call misloads in by 1pm ---did that ---it is on the misload report for friday morning as being called in they never told me to del them --broke for bldg--took 10 min break got message to del ---asked them if they wanted me go back --they said no
We don’t consider that misloads. Just preload sucking ass. That’s why I sort truck on route.

HyperBrn

There's no reasoning with this guy. Every time we, correctly, tell him/her that a 2000 HIN package loaded onto the 4000 shelf is not a misload, he responds with the same shyte, "Was told to report misloads by 1pm. I did it. Have to follow management's direction to del or not". Stop beating your heads into a brick wall. The blood is getting difficult to clean up.

come on man

TheBrownNote

Good thing I wore my brown pants
can't without there approval---thats why u send send misloads in ---to have them make that decision ---work as directed
You are not very astute, are you? If the stop is in your board you deliver it. Your management team has ALREADY given you permission, because ITS IN YOUR BOARD.
Your interpretation means nothing, when the stop is assigned to your board. You simply failed to deliver a loaded package, and tried to hide it via a dishonest act (from a management and paperwork perspective).
If we could just Misload and not deliver a stop in our boards because a 2000 is on a diffrent shelf, then NOTHING would be delivered.
Geez, i find at least 6 of these everyday.
Most are from a bad lipload that sends a top shelf package flying to the opposite side of the truck.

You got fired for not delivery an assigned package becuase it was on the wrong shelf

If youre not a seasonal, god help your center.

Nah
You are not very astute, are you? If the stop is in your board you deliver it. Your management team has ALREADY given you permission, because ITS IN YOUR BOARD.
Your interpretation means nothing, when the stop is assigned to your board. You simply failed to deliver a loaded package, and tried to hide it via a dishonest act (from a management and paperwork perspective).
If we could just Misload and not deliver a stop in our boards because a 2000 is on a diffrent shelf, then NOTHING would be delivered.
Geez, i find at least 6 of these everyday.
Most are from a bad lipload that sends a top shelf package flying to the opposite side of the truck.

You got fired for not delivery an assigned package becuase it was on the wrong shelf

If youre not a seasonal, god help your center.
I wish I knew back when I was a driver that I could just sheet all the 5000s and 8000s on my floor as misloads.

Wrong shelf...lmfao...

AKCoverMan

So you’re saying it had a pal label for your truck but pal didn’t match shipping label?
We call those bad slap misloads. If it’s off route and they don’t tell me to deliver bad slaps I just record them as missed at the end of my day.
Unless the bad slap is relatively close to my area or on my way back to the building then yes I will run it everytime. I always send those misloads in though regardless because if they want it moved to the correct route then they will come and get it.
But I will not break trace to go and deliver it in the middle of my day.
We call them “off spas”.